Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of July 7, 2015
5. Fiscal Year 2016 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
a. Camden Food Economy Strategy Implementation
This proposed project, funded by the Campbell Soup Company, is a continuation of the multi-year Camden Food Economy Strategy project. This project will allow for more dissemination of the report Cultivating Camden (currently in draft form) and provide technical assistance to various public and private sector stakeholders to implement the recommendations
6. Recommendation for Adoption of Conformity Determination of the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan, FY 2015–2018 TIP for Pennsylvania, and FY2016-2019 TIP for New Jersey
DVRPC is demonstrating conformity for the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan (Plan), FY 2015 Pennsylvania Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), and FY 2016 New Jersey TIP. This demonstration is necessitated by amendments to the Long-Range Plan, a new New Jersey TIP, and the addition of air quality significant projects to the Pennsylvania TIP. A public comment period was held from July 9, 2015 to August 10, 2015. Staff will present the results of the Transportation Conformity Determination and request that the RTC recommend that the DVRPC Board adopt the findings at the September Board meeting.
7. Recommendation for Adoption of Amendments to the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan
Two projects are proposed as amendments to the fiscally-constrained set of transportation investments that are included in the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan. They are the reopening of the PATCO Franklin Square station and the construction of a new station on SEPTA’s Doylestown Regional Rail line, north of Lansdale station. Both projects are consistent with the Long-Range Plan, and will not impact transportation conformity or the fiscal constraint of the Plan. A public comment period was held from July 9th through August 10th. Staff will present the amendments and comments received during the comment period and request that the RTC recommend adoption of the amendments to the Board.
8. Adoption of the DVRPC FY2016-2019 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for New Jersey
Federal law and planning regulations require the development of a Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) in order for the metropolitan region to be eligible to receive and spend federal transportation funds. The creation of the TIP is to be done by the MPO in cooperation with the state(s) and transit operators, and must provide opportunity for input and comment by the public. A 30-day comment period must be conducted prior to a formal action to adopt the TIP. DVRPC undertakes a major TIP Update every year for either the Pennsylvania portion of the region, or the New Jersey portion of the region; at this time, the PA and NJ TIPs are updated on alternating years. For the Draft DVRPC FY2016 TIP for NJ, staff will present an overview of the program, summary of the public comment period, any recommended changes, and will ask the RTC to recommend Board adoption of the FY2016 NJ TIP.
9. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2015 TIP for PA.
- PA15-52: Lansdale Area Improvements, (MPMS #105572), SEPTA – Add Proposed New Program to TIP
- PA15-53: Statewide Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP), (Various MPMS #s), Montgomery County – Add Proposed New Projects to TIP
- PA15-54: Statewide Multimodal Transportation Funded Projects, (Various MPMS #s), Various Counties – Add Proposed New Projects to TIP
- PA15-55: US 202, Markley Street Southbound (Section 500), (MPMS #16665), Montgomery County – Scope Change
- PA15-56: Willits Road Bridge Over Wooden Bridge Run, (MPMS #69909), City of Philadelphia - Federalize Project
- PA15-57: PA 29, Main Street Bridge Over Reading Railroad Tracks (Removal), (MPMS #57849), Montgomery County – Federalize Project
- PA15-58: Langford Run Road (PA3/I-476/Lawrence Rd), (MPMS #104465), Delaware County - Add Proposed New Project to TIP
- PA15-59: Large Sign Structure Priority Repairs 1 & 2, (MPMS #105118 & 105382), Region Wide – Add Proposed New Projects to TIP
10. Proposed Dates for Calendar Year 2016 RTC Meetings
11. DVRPC’s Activity-Based Travel Demand Model Status
12. FY17 UPWP Development Workshop
13. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
14. Old Business and New Business
15. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is Tuesday October 6, 2015.
- Highlights of the July 7, 2015 RTC Meeting
- Camden Food Economy Strategy Implementation
- Recommendation for Adoption of Conformity Determination of the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan, FY 2015–2018 TIP for Pennsylvania, and FY2016-2019 TIP for New Jersey
- Recommendation for Adoption of Amendments to the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan
- Adoption of the DVRPC FY2016-2019 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for New Jersey
- TIP Actions, September
- Proposed Dates for Calendar Year 2016 RTC Meetings