Regional Technical Committee
10:00 a.m. Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
10:00 a.m. Planning Coordinating Committee & Regional Transportation Committee Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
1:00 p.m. Regional Transit Advisory Committee (RTAC) (Note: Subcommittee Meetings may start later.)
1. Call to Order - Chairman's Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director's Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of January 9, 2007
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. As situations arise, the PCC/RTC is asked to consider changes.
a. TIP Action PA07-23: Chestnut Hill Parking Lot Rehabilitation (Proposed New DEMO Project)
b. TIP Action PA07-24: Deferrals Resulting in Technical Deletions from the TIP, Multiple Projects, All Counties
c. TIP Action PA07-25a: Logan Square, 20th Street Parkway (Proposed New Project, MPMS #79743), Philadelphia
d. TIP Action PA07-25b: Closed Loop Traffic Signal System - State Road from Route 3/West Chester Pike to US 1/Township Line Road (MPMS # 57756), Delaware County
e. TIP Action PA07-25c: US 202, Township Line Road to Morris Road (Section 61N), (MPMS # 63490), Montgomery County
f. TIP Action NJ07-08: Gloucester County Guide Rail Safety Project (DB #D0411), Gloucester County. TIP Action NJ07-09: CR 571/Princeton Hightstown Road (Local Scoping Project), (DB# X80B), Mercer County
6. Pennsylvania Regional Safety Initiatives Program Project Selection for Inclusion in the FY07 TIP
The (Pennsylvania) Regional Safety Initiatives program line item (Project ID MPMS #57927) in the PA FY07 TIP makes funding available for projects in the PA DVRPC region for hazard elimination treatments at locations across the five county region. Three specific projects have been identified and will be recommended for funding through this program:
- PA 100 Safety Project in North Coventry and Upper Uwchlan Townships, Chester County
- Roosevelt Expressway Safety Improvements in Philadelphia
- Henry Avenue Corridor Safety Improvements in Philadelphia
7. Pennsylvania District Round-Abouts Incentive Program Project Selection for Inclusion in the FY07 TIP
The (Pennsylvania) District Round-Abouts Incentive Program line item (Project ID MPMS #76173) in the PA FY07 TIP makes pilot funding available for projects in the PA DVRPC region to provide for the implementation of low cost roundabouts where they would be appropriate to solve problematic road intersections. Two specific projects have been identified and will be recommended for funding through this program:
- Cold Spring Creamery / Burnt House Hill Roads in Buckingham Township, Bucks County
- PA 52/Wawaset/Unionville Road South in Pocopson Township, Chester County
8. Pennsylvania District Bridge Design Program Project Selection for Inclusion in the FY07 TIP
The (Pennsylvania) District Bridge Design Program line item (Project ID MPMS #75767) in the PA FY07 TIP makes design funding available for projects in the PA DVRPC region for the repair or replacement of structurally deficient State and Local bridges in the DVRPC region. Several specific projects have been identified and will be recommended for funding through this program.
9. Amendment to the New Jersey Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on Procedures to Amend or Modify the Transportation Improvement Program
An element of the TIPs for both PA and NJ is the MOU or "Memorandum of Understanding on Procedures to Amend or Modify the TIP", as required by federal regulations. These agreements are amended from time to time to provide for improved and streamlined processes for making changes to the TIP. The New Jersey MOU is being presented for changes that relate to project reporting and information, cost thresholds for Administrative Actions, and SAFETEA-LU compliance.
10. Fiscal Year 2008 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the PCC/RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
a. Child Passenger Safety Program, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
11. Recommendation for Adoption of Conformity Determination of the FY 2007 - 2010 TIP for New Jersey and Pennsylvania and the Destination of 2030 Long Range Plan
The public comment period for the reaffirmation of the Conformity Determination of the FY 2007 - 2010 TIP for New Jersey and Pennsylvania and the Destination 2030 Long Range Plan will end February 14, 2007. Staff will present their recommendation for Board adoption to support WILMAPCO's conformity findings.
12. The Pennsylvania Transportation Management Association Assistance Grant Program and the Mobility Alternatives Program FY08 Work Program Approval
Each year the RTC is asked to review and approve work programs for the PennDOT's Transportation Management Association Assistance Grant Program and DVRPC's Mobility Alternatives Program. The draft work programs were presented in January 2007, and the TMAs have incorporated relevant comments. Staff will provide an overview of the FY08 program.
13. PA 100 Safety Study
PA 100 in Chester County is a high accident corridor; since 2000, there have been 10 fatal crashes. At the request of Chester County Planning Commission, DVRPC conducted a safety study that investigated the causes of the crashes and developed an action plan to mitigate the crashes. This presentation will highlight the study methodology, findings, and recommendations.
14. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
15. Old Business and New Business 16. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is March 6, 2007.
1. Highlights of the January 9, 2006 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Citizens Committee Activity
3. TIP Actions, February 2007
4. FY07 Work Program Amendment