Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of May 12, 2015
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2015 TIP for PA.
- PA15-46 Montgomery County Act 13 Local Bridges, (Various MPMS #s), Montgomery County
- PA15-47: Chester County Act 13 Local Bridges, (Various MPMS #s), Chester County – Add Proposed New Projects to TIP
- PA15-48: Newtown-Yardley Road Intersection Improvements, (MPMS #57639), Bucks County – Federalize Project
6. Fiscal Year 2016 Planning Work Program Amendment
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
a. Pennsylvania Turnpike Traffic Forecasts
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission and their consultants, RK&K, are conducting a feasibility study of highway improvements between the Norristown and Bensalem interchanges (Exits 333 to 351). This project will use DVRPC’s regional travel demand model to prepare daily and AM and PM peak hour traffic forecasts to support that effort.
b. PennDOT Supplemental Traffic Counts
PennDOT has requested DVRPC conduct additional traffic counts in FY16.
7. DVRPC Regional Trails Grant Program 2: PA Grant Awards – Phase I
This is the first phase of awards for the Regional Trails Program Round 2. The awards will fund design, construction and right-of-way analysis for Circuit projects. Projects funded for design will be included in a Circuit TIP Line Item which will be created through a TIP amendment as part of this action. The TIP amendment will program five million dollars in CMAQ funding for the Circuit Line Item.
8. Annual Self-Certification of the Regional Transportation Planning Process
Federal regulations require that Metropolitan Planning Organizations self- certify that the Regional Transportation Planning Process is carried out in conformance with applicable federal regulations. Staff will request an RTC recommendation for Board approval.
9. Election of Fiscal Year 2016 Regional Technical Committee Officers
The RTC nominating committee will present a slate of candidates for FY 2016.
10. Montgomery County Turnpike Interchange Study
To encourage reinvestment in its business parks along the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Montgomery County conducted a land use and transportation study focusing on potential land use changes, Turnpike interchange improvements, and new Turnpike interchange locations.
11. World Meeting of Families/Papal Visit to Philadelphia - Transportation Update
Staff from the World Meeting of Families will provide an update on the transportation needs and plans to accommodate participants and visitors.
12. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
13. DVRPC’s Activity-Based Travel Demand Model Status
Staff will provide an update of the progress made so far in developing DVRPC’s next generation travel demand model, TIM3.0, and its anticipated schedule for completion.
14. Old Business and New Business
15. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is Tuesday July 7, 2015.
- Highlights of the May 12, 2015 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, June 2015
- DVRPC FY16 Work Program Amendment: Pennsylvania Turnpike Traffic Forecasts
- DVRPC Regional Trails Grant Program 2: PA Grant Awards – Phase I
- Board highlights –May 2015