Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of April 7, 2015
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2015 TIP for PA.
- PPA15-42: Paper Mill Road over Darby Creek (Worrall Bridge/CB #221) (Act13), (MPMS # 103525), Delaware County – Add Proposed New Project to TIP
- PA15-43: Troxel/Orvilla Road (SR 1004) Bridge Repair, (MPMS #104955), Montgomery County – Add Proposed New Project to TIP
- PA15-44: Swanson Street Reconstruction, (MPMS #70231), City of Philadelphia – Advance PE Phase
6. Fiscal Year 2015 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
a. Facilitating Dialogue on Municipal Actions to Protect and Improve Water Quality in the Delaware River Basin
The William Penn Foundation awarded DVRPC a grant to work with a wide range of content experts and Technical Assistance providers to identify which conservation tools and support services are most effective and where, and to make recommendations for how to better support or incentivize municipalities to implement these tools to maintain and/or improve water quality across the Delaware River Basin.
7. Authorization to Open a Public Comment Period for an Amendment to the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan; Draft FY 2016 TIP for New Jersey; and the Draft Conformity Finding of the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan, FY 2015 TIP for Pennsylvania, and FY 2016 TIP for New Jersey
Staff requests authorization to open a minimum 30-day public comment period for the purpose of gathering public and agency comments on the amendments to the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan, Draft FY 2016-2019 TIP for New Jersey, and the Draft Conformity Determination of the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan, FY 2015 TIP for Pennsylvania and Draft FY 2016 TIP for New Jersey; to issue proper public notifications; to publish the draft documents of the respective Plan and TIPs and conformity findings on the internet; to make copies available at certain public libraries; and to hold public meetings.
8. Appointment of Nominating Committee for FY2016 DVRPC Regional Technical Committee Officers
A Nominating Committee will be selected to solicit candidates for Chairman and Vice Chairman of the RTC for FY2016 (July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016). The Chairman for FY2016 must be a voting member from New Jersey, and the Vice Chairman must be a voting member from Pennsylvania. The Nominating Committee will report these candidates and elections will take place at the June 2015 RTC meeting.
9. SEPTA’s King of Prussia Rail Project
SEPTA is examining alternatives to provide light-rail service to the King of Prussia area, including the Mall, Casino and Business Park area, connecting to the Norristown High-Speed Line. At this time, five alternative alignments are still under consideration.
10. AMTRAK’s 30th Street Station District Plan
The Philadelphia 30th Street Station District Plan represents one of the best opportunities in the region for re-envisioning rail and transit services and supporting transportation oriented development for urban transformation and economic growth. Initiated in June 2014, this two-year planning effort is being jointly undertaken by Amtrak, Brandywine Realty Trust, Drexel University, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT), and the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA).
11. State Street Transit Signal Priority Study
A section of the State Street corridor, located in downtown Trenton, was evaluated to explore the potential for Transit Signal Priority (TSP). Several scenarios were modeled utilizing the VISSIM software, and various performance measures were collected and evaluated. The results of this analysis found TSP to be a favorable treatment for increasing transit travel speeds within the corridor.
12. Downtown Delivery Symposium
DVRPC, the Institute of Transportation Engineers, the Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association, and others will conduct a special Downtown Delivery Symposium at the DVRPC offices from 9AM-3PM on July 15, 2015. The symposium will feature a review of nation-wide best practices and a discussion of potential solutions for high delivery areas in the Delaware Valley. Pre-registration is mandatory.
13. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
14. Old Business and New Business
15. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is Tuesday June 9, 2015.
- Highlights of the April 7, 2015 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, May 2015
- Authorization to Open a Public Comment Period for an Amendment to the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan; Draft FY 2016 TIP for New Jersey; and the Draft Conformity Finding of the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan, FY 2015 TIP for Pennsylvania, and FY 2016 TIP for New Jersey
- DVRPC FY15 Planning Work Program 3rd Quarter Report
- Board highlights –April 2015