Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of March 10, 2015
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2015 TIP for PA and the FY2014 TIP for NJ.
- PA15-37: Passyunk Avenue Drawbridge Over the Schuylkill River, (MPMS #62694), City of Philadelphia – Cost Increase
- PA15-38: Race Street Connector, (MPMS #92417), City of Philadelphia – Add Project Back in to TIP
- PA15-39: Statewide Highway-Rail Grade Crossing Program, (Various MPMS #s), Various Counties – Add New Projects to TIP
- PA15-40: P3 Rapid Bridge Replacement ROW Phases, (Various MPMS #s), Various Counties – Add New Project Phases to the TIP
6. Fiscal Year 2015 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
a. Mercer County Guiderail Planning Initiative
This project will provide an engineering assessment of guiderail installed along Mercer County highways and abutting off-network bridges maintained by the County.
7. Chester County Public Transportation Plan: Making the Case for Transit Investment
This presentation will provide an overview of the Chester County Public Transportation Plan, adopted in July 2014. Presentation will consider how to propel Chester County and Delaware Valley Region beyond a “state of good repair” to an expanded transit system that positions the region to compete globally.
8. Paoli Multimodal Transportation Center
Dave Koerner, Project Manager from SEPTA, will present plans for the new Paoli Multimodal Transportation Center located in Chester County, Pennsylvania.
9. Beyond Basics: Opportunities for Advanced and Alternative Mitigations for Transportation Projects in Pennsylvania
DVRPC has partnered with the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission (PHMC) to incorporate historic preservation planning into comprehensive planning and explore advance and alternative mitigation for transportation projects. Staff members from DVRPC and PHMC will present an overview of this long-term partnership and the proposed opportunity for historic mitigation banking to allow for creative mitigation treatments and more meaningful mitigation outcomes.
10. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
11. Old Business and New Business
12. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is Tuesday, May 12, 2015.
- Highlights of the March 10, 2015 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, April 2015
- Fiscal Year 2015 Work Program Amendment: Mercer County Guiderail Planning Initiative
- Board highlights –March 2015