Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of February 10, 2015
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2015 TIP for PA and the FY2014 TIP for NJ.
- PA15-30: Municipal Bridge Retro-Reimbursement Program, (MPMS #102105), Various Counties – Add Proposed New Project to the TIP
- PA15-31: Little Washington Road Bridge over Culbertson Run, (MPMS #14236), Chester County – Federalize Project
- PA15-32: Regional Rail Signal Modernization Program, (MPMS #60255), SEPTA – Cost Increase
- PA15-33: Exton Station, (MPMS #93588), SEPTA – Cost Decrease
- PA15-34: Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) Set-a-Side Projects, (Various MPMS #s), Various Counties – Add Proposed New Projects to the TIP
- NJ14-78: Local CMAQ Initiatives, (DB# X065), Various Counties– Add New Program to the TIP
- NJ14-81: Princeton-Hightstown Road Improvements, CR 571, (DB# D0701), Mercer County – Delay Phases & Cost Increase
6. Fiscal Year 2015 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
a. New Jersey Resilient Coastal Communities Initiative
The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection has awarded DVRPC $100k to work with 11 towns to help them become more resilient to coastal hazards and the impacts of climate change.
7. FY 2016 Transportation Management Association (TMA) Assistance Grant Program and Mobility Alternatives Program (MAP) Final Applications
TMA and MAP contractors are required to apply for this grant funding annually. Draft Work Programs were reviewed by PennDOT, the DVRPC TMA Policy Committee, and Staff. All comments were incorporated, and full applications are ready for approval. Staff will present a brief overview of both programs.
8. Midpoint Briefing on Update of Congestion Management Process (CMP)
Staff will present a requested mid-point briefing on the path to Board approval of the updated CMP. The CMP helps connect the Region’s Long-Range Plan and TIP. The performance measures that flow from the Plan have been updated since the development of the last CMP and the analysis of the multimodal transportation network of the region has been discussed with the CMP Advisory Committee. This analysis is a useful resource for partners and is used in updating congested corridors.
9. Regional Transit Advisory Committee (RTAC) Midyear Update (FY2015/2016 Work)
Staff will update the Committee on the status of FY2015 work underway and review forthcoming FY2016 projects and commitments.
10. DVRPC Transit Signal Priority (TSP) Favorability Score and Related Efforts
Staff will brief the committee on the TSP Favorability Score planning tool, which was developed last year for Philadelphia and Mercer County and is now being expanded for use throughout South Jersey. This presentation will also include updates on TSP planning and implementation efforts around the region.
11. Project Selections for the New Jersey Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) and Safe Routes to School Program (SRTS)
Staff will inform the Committee on the recent Board action to add the selected TAP and SRTS projects to the FY 2014 New Jersey TIP. The NJ TAP/SRTS subcommittee used the agreed upon selection criteria for each program to guide the selection process for projects.
12. 2015 Aerial Imagery Project Update
Staff will provide an update on the upcoming FY 2015 aerial imagery project and also on a USGS grant for the acquisition of LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) data that was awarded to DVRPC and project partners Quantum Spatial and Temple University.
13. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
14. Old Business and New Business
15. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is Tuesday, April 7, 2015.
- Highlights of the February 10, 2015 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, March 2015
- New Jersey Resilient Coastal Communities Initiative
- New Jersey TAP Recommendations
- Board highlights –February 2015