Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Election of New RTC Chair to fill unexpired term
5. Highlights of the Meeting of January 6, 2015
6. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2015 TIP for PA and the FY2014 TIP for NJ.
- PA15-27: Roosevelt Boulevard Multimodal Study – TIGER, (MPMS# 103469) City of Philadelphia – Add Proposed New Study to the TIP
- NJ14-60: Springdale Road (CR 673) Roadway Improvements, Phase II (DB #D1504), Camden County – Add Proposed New Project
- NJ14-61: Gloucester County Guiderail Rehabilitation, (DB #D1506) Gloucester County – Add Proposed New Project
- NJ14-62: CR 553/CR 553 Alternate, East Avenue to Lambs Road (CR 635) and Lambs Road, CR 635 to CR 553, (DB #D1509), Gloucester County – Add Proposed New Project
- NJ14-63: Holly Avenue (CR 624), Lambs Road (CR 635) to Route 47 (Delsea Drive), (DB #D1508), Gloucester County – Add Proposed New Project
- NJ14-64: Signal Upgrades, (DB #D1507), Mercer County – Add Proposed New Project
- NJ14-65: ADA Improvements, (DB #D1505), City of Camden – Add Proposed New Project
- NJ14-72: Paratransit Vehicles, (Various DB #s), Various Counties Burlington County Bus Purchase (DB #D1510) Mercer County Bus Purchase (DB #D1011) – Add Projects to the TIP
7. 2014 Transportation Safety Action Plan
The Office of Transportation Safety and Congestion Management has been working with DVRPC’s Regional Safety Task Force on the 2014 update of the region’s Transportation Safety Action Plan, the fourth iteration since 2006. This data-driven plan identifies eight safety emphasis areas that were contributing factors in 97 percent of the crash fatalities the occurred in the region from 2010 to 2012. The plan recommends strategies to improve safety in each emphasis area. The RTC is being asked to recommend that the Board accept the final Transportation Safety Action Plan.
8. Direct Connect Construction Project Update
New Jersey DOT staff will present an update on the current status of the I-295/I-76/NJ 42 construction Project. Construction began in March 2013 and is expected to continue until 2021. This presentation will discuss some of the work completed to date and highlight key elements still to come.
9. Camden County Master Plan
Staff and consultants will present an overview of the Camden County Master Plan, including the Land Use Plan, the Bicycling and Multi-Use Trails Plan, and the Highway Plan, each of which presents an actionable vision for the future, to keep pace with changes anticipated by 2040. The Land Use Plan outlines ten geographically distinct policy goals, while the Bicycling and Multi-Use Trails Plan identifies a network of trails and bicycle facilities that will connect to attractions in the county, and the Highway Plan sets the direction for highway infrastructure, particularly the county route network.
10. PHS: Civic Landscape Initiative
Through a series of meetings with stakeholders throughout Philadelphia, PHS identified seven target gateways and corridors that will be at the heart of their horticultural efforts for the next 15 years. In collaboration with partners across the city, PHS will work to transform these overlooked thoroughfares into imaginative, sustainable, and memorable public spaces that place Philadelphia at the forefront of great civic landscape design. One Civic Landscapes Initiative effort that has gained much interest re-envisions Philadelphia Monument Plaza at the base of the Ben Franklin Bridge. PHS and OLIN Studios have begun efforts to address accessibility and beautify this overlooked public space.
12. FY 2016 Transportation Management Association (TMA) Assistance Grant
Program and Mobility Alternatives Program (MAP) Draft Work Programs TMA and MAP contractors are required to apply for this grant funding annually. Draft Work Programs have been submitted and are available for review and comment by any interested RTC member. Staff will present a brief overview of the work programs, the grant process, and new application requirements for FY16.
13. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
14. Old Business and New Business
15. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is Tuesday, March 10, 2015.
- Highlights of the January 6, 2015 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, February 2015
- 2014 Transportation Safety Action Plan
- Board highlights –January 2015