Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of November 12, 2014
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2015 TIP for PA and the FY2014 TIP for NJ.
- NJ14-53: Route 47, Grove St. to Route 130, Pavement (DB #12305), Gloucester County – Delay and Cost Increase of All Phases
- PA15-16: Chalfont Pedestrian Facilities (SRTSF) – Round 1, (MPMS# 87088) Bucks County – Add Project Back in to the TIP
- PA15-17: Approval of Automated Red-Light Enforcement (ARLE) Round 5 (2014 Funding) Projects, (Various MPMS#s ) Various Counties
- PA15-18: Rock Hill Road Advance ROW, (MPMS# 104153) Montgomery County - Add Proposed New Project to the TIP
- PA15-19: Culvert Replacement Group K, (MPMS# 92310) Bucks County – Add Project Back in to the TIP
- PA15-20: Culvert Replacement Group L, (MPMS# 92311), Various Counties – Add Project Back in to the TIP
- PA15-21: Main Street Grade Crossing, (MPMS# 103217), Delaware County – Add Proposed New Project to the TIP
- PA15-22: North Broad Streetscape Improvements, (MPMS# 74807), Montgomery County – Add Project Back in to the TIP
- PA15-23: American Cities/Safe Routes to School – Phase 3, (MPMS# 74828), City of Philadelphia – Add Final Design Back in to TIP
- PA15-24: Bridge Bundling 2015, (MPMS# 104369), Various Counties – Add Proposed New Program to the TIP
6. Fiscal Year 2015 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
a. Broad Street Subway Extension Ridership Forecasts
DVRPC will prepare ridership forecasts that will be used to examine the potential for an extension of the Broad Street Subway line to serve the Philadelphia Navy Yard. A No-Build and three Build scenarios will be analyzed for a 2040 future year. Currently, there is limited auto and transit access to the Navy Yard. The Navy Yard currently as 5.5 million square feet of occupied space and will have an additional 6.5 million when fully developed.
7. DVRPC Fiscal Year 2016 Work Program
The Draft Planning Work Program for FY 2016 was approved by the Board for distribution and review, with the public comment period closing on January 12, 2016. DVRPC staff are in the process of responding to comments that have been received and are working to resolve any open issues. After Board adoption, relevant revisions will continue to be incorporated into the Work Program and the Final document will be produced. The RTC is being asked to recommend that the Board adopt the Final FY 2016 Planning Work Program, pending the resolution of any outstanding comments and issues.
8. Exploring the decrease in driving in the region
Is driving decreasing in the region? Are the millennials giving up on cars? This presentation will examine some regional data on driving in the Delaware Valley and explore some of the reasons behind these trends.
9. Travel Model Update
The Office of Modeling and Analysis has recently completed a minor update to its Travel Demand Model. This update includes newer demographics, tolls, and transit fares and a refinement to DVRPC’s Park and Ride model. Staff will provide a brief presentation of the model and a highlight of the new model’s validation results.
10. DVRPC 2015 Competitive CMAQ Program for New Jersey
DVRPC will open a competitive application round for CMAQ funding in New Jersey in January 2015. Details will be provided at the meeting, and will be posted on the DVRPC web page under “Funding Opportunities” upon the opening date.
11. New Jersey Problem Statement Development and Prioritization
Staff will present information on DVRPC’s new approach to feeding the NJ DOT project development pipeline. DVRPC has undertaken an internal effort to prepare a tool to help develop prioritized problem statements from the recommendations coming out of DVRPC studies.
12. Public Open House: SEPTA Fiscal Year 2016 Capital Budget Development
13. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
14. Old Business and New Business
15. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is Tuesday, February 10, 2015.
- Highlights of the November 12, 2014 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, January 2015
- Broad Street Subway Extension Ridership Forecast
- TIP Actions Required to Fund Requests for DVRPC FY2016 Work Program (UPWP)
- Public Open House: SEPTA Fiscal Year 2016 Capital Budget Development
- Board highlights – December 2014