Regional Technical Committee Agenda
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Planning Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of June 10, 2014
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2013 TIP for PA and the FY2014 TIP for NJ.
- NJ14-31: Route 42. NB, Bridge over Conrail (Abandoned) – DB #12314 – Add Proposed Project
- NJ14-32: Rumblestrip systemic safety improvement project – Burlington County – Add Proposed Project
- NJ14-33: Route 30, and Evesham Road Intersection Improvements–DB# 93263– Camden County - Add Project Back into the TIP
6. Recommendation for Adoption of the DVRPC FY2015-2018 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for Pennsylvania
Federal law and planning regulations require the development of a Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) in order for the metropolitan region to be eligible to receive and spend federal transportation funds. The creation of the TIP is to be done by the MPO in cooperation with the state and transit operators, and must provide opportunity for input and comment by the public. A 30-day comment period must be conducted prior to a formal action to adopt the TIP. For the Draft DVRPC FY2015 TIP for PA, staff will present an overview of the program, comments received during the public comment period, any recommended changes, and will ask the RTC to recommend Board adoption of the PA TIP.
7. Recommendation for Adoption of Connections 2040 Plan for Greater Philadelphia Amended Transportation Investments
Act 89 provides supplementary funding for transportation investments in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The Connections 2040 Plan is being amended to account for additional multimodal transportation projects to be carried out over the life of the Long-Range Plan. A public comment period for the amendment is being held from June 16th through July 18th and recommend Board adoption of the Plan amendments.
8. Recommendation for Adoption of Conformity Determination of the FY 2014– 2017 TIP for New Jersey, FY2015–FY 2018 TIP for Pennsylvania, and the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan
DVRPC is reaffirming Transportation Conformity for the FY 2014 New Jersey TIP, and demonstrating conformity for the FY 2015 Pennsylvania TIP, and Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan (Plan). This demonstration is necessitated by a new Pennsylvania TIP and amendment to the Long-Range Plan. Since there are no additions of regionally significant, non-exempt projects to the FY 2014 New Jersey TIP or New Jersey projects in the Plan, DVRPC is reaffirming the results of the previous conformity demonstration for the New Jersey portion of the region. A public comment period is being held from June 16, 2014 to July 18, 2014. Staff will present the results of the Transportation Conformity Determination and request that the RTC recommend Board adoption of the findings.
9. PHL Capacity Enhancement Program
A representative from the Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) will discuss the airport’s Capacity Enhancement Program. The CEP is a comprehensive construction program to expand and modernize the airport. This multi-year, multi- billion dollar improvement is anticipated to improve operational efficiencies, connectivity, and every aspect of customer experience.
10. Direct Technical Assistance on Energy Management for Municipal Operations: Lessons Learned
DVRPC’s Circuit Rider for Energy Efficiency in Local Government Operations provided “Direct Technical Assistance” on energy management to nine municipalities in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery Counties. DVRPC and a technical consultant worked one-on-one with municipalities to analyze, identify, and prioritize cost-effective energy management strategies for their buildings. Staff will present the major lessons learned through this process, and will provide an overview of the cost-saving energy management strategies that municipalities are employing as a result of this project.
11. Pennsylvania Regional Traffic Signal Retiming Initiative
An overview of the Regional Traffic Signal Retiming Initiative Project for DVRPC’s Pennsylvania Counties will be presented. Successfully retimed traffic signal corridors in Chester and Montgomery Counties will be highlighted.
12. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
13. Old Business and New Business
14. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is September 9, 2014.
- Highlights of the June 10, 2014 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, July 2014
- Adoption of the DVRPC FY2015-2018 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for Pennsylvania
- Board highlights – June 2014