Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Planning Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of April 8, 2014
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2013 TIP for PA and the FY2014 TIP for NJ.
- PA13-74: Arcola Road Bridge Over Perkiomen Creek (CB# 155), (MPMS# 16400), Montgomery County – Advance Construction
- PA13-75: Approval of Automated Red-Light Enforcement (ARLE) Round 4 (2013 funding) Projects, (Various MPMS#’s), Various Counties
- PA13-76: Surface Treatment/Resurfacing Projects (Various MPMS#s), Various Counties
6. Authorization to Open a Public Comment Period for the Amendments to the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan, Draft FY 2015 TIP for Pennsylvania; and the Draft Conformity Finding of the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan, FY 2014 TIP for New Jersey, and FY 2015 TIP for Pennsylvania
Staff requests authorization to open a minimum 30-day public comment period for the purpose of gathering public and agency comments on the amendments to the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan, Draft FY 2015 TIP for Pennsylvania, and the Draft Conformity Determination of the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan, FY 2014 TIP for New Jersey, and FY 2015 TIP for Pennsylvania; to issue proper public notifications; to publish the draft documents of the respective TIPs and conformity findings on the internet; to make copies available at certain public libraries; and to hold public meetings.
7. Fiscal Year 2014 Planning Work Program Amendment
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
SHRP2 Freight Demand Modeling Grant
This project will use the fund from the SHRP2 Implementation Assistance Program to establish, pool, and standardize a portfolio of core freight data sources and data sets that supports planning, programming, and project prioritization, and to develop enhanced visualization tools that improve the availability and visibility of data among agencies and between the public and private sectors.
8. Appointment of Nominating Committee for FY2015 DVRPC Regional Technical Committee Officers
A Nominating Committee will be selected to solicit candidates for Chairman and Vice Chairman of the RTC for FY2015 (July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015). The Chairman for FY2015 must be a voting member from Pennsylvania, and the Vice Chairman must be a voting member from New Jersey. The committee will report these candidates and elections will take place at the June 2014 RTC meeting.
9. Approval of Congestion Management Process (CMP) Supplemental Commitment Tables
Two road capacity-adding projects require RTC action for their final design phases to advance as proposed in the draft FY2015-2018 TIP for Pennsylvania. The action is to approve the supplemental commitment tables for the US 202 and US 1 Loop Roads and North Delaware Avenue Extension Phase 2 projects.
10. Status of CMP Update
The fourth update of the CMP is underway. Staff will briefly present the methodology of the update for additional comments, as well as two draft analysis pieces that may be useful to other efforts of RTC members. The purpose of the presentation is to keep RTC members informed and able to communicate with their Board members who will be asked to consider adopting it sometime next fiscal year.
11. PA Multimodal Transportation Fund
PA Act 89 of 2013 includes the creation of, and dedicated funding for, a Multimodal Transportation Fund. Both PennDOT and PA DCED are running grant programs for the use of these funds. PennDOT staff will provide insight into these programs.
12. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
13. Old Business and New Business
14. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is June 10, 2014.
- Highlights of the April 8, 2014 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, May 2014
- Authorization to Open a Public Comment Period for the Amendments to the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan, Draft FY 2015 TIP for Pennsylvania; and the Draft Conformity Finding of the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan, FY 2014 TIP for New Jersey, and FY 2015 TIP for Pennsylvania
- SHRP2 Freight Demand Modeling Project
- Approval of Congestion Management Process (CMP) Supplemental Commitment Tables
- Board highlights – April 2014