Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Planning Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of March 11, 2014
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2013 TIP for PA and the FY2014 TIP for NJ.
- PA13-70: Congested Corridor Program Statewide Funding, (Various MPMS#s) Various Counties – Add Proposed New Projects
- PA13-71: Vehicle Overhaul Program, (MPMS# 60582) SEPTA – Increase Funding
- NJ14-22: Signs Program, Statewide, (DB# X39) Various - Federalize
6. Fiscal Year 2014 Planning Work Program Amendment
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
- NEC FUTURE – DVRPC Forecasting Work
DVRPC will provide travel forecasts for the NEC FUTURE project, Amtrak’s Northeast corridor, in an effort to enhance regional and mega-region mobility. DVRPC may perform all or part of the tasks, at the discretion of the NEC FUTURE team.
7. Regional Aviation System Plan (RASP) Update: Activities to Date
The Delaware Valley is home to 24 public use airports and one heliport. These aviation facilities play a vital role in the regional economy by attracting and retaining businesses, allowing quick access to other locales, offering flight instruction for pilots, and providing recreational activities. The RASP compiles aviation related data, trends, and analysis and provides recommendations and objectives to guide aviation planning in the region for the near future. Staff will present a status of the plan update.
8. 2010 Employment Centers Study and Regional Economic Cluster Analysis
DVRPC is currently in the process of updating Greater Philadelphia’s regional Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS), as required by the U.S. Economic Development Administration every five years. In this presentation, staff will update Committee members on two studies that will serve as background for the CEDS update. The first study identifies and describes employment centers in the nine-county DVRPC region, defined as integrated, concentrated areas of non-residential development that share transportation and land use linkages. The second report discusses regional economic clusters, based on the method and definitions advanced by the U.S. Cluster Mapping Project.
9. Web-based Geospatial Tools for Planning
Browser-based Geospatial tools are allowing GIS and other datasets to be easily accessed by non-GIS experts to support local decision-making. The ease of use and real-time accessibility of these tools allow them to be used live during meetings or in the field via mobile computing devices. Staff will present a number of recently developed geospatial applications, which have helped further the planning and decision-making process.
10. Spring Means Bike Data: Cyclical Bike Count Program and CyclePhilly Smartphone Survey
Staff will brief the committee on the new cyclical bike count program (and the recent request for committee help with count locations), as well as the pending CyclePhilly smartphone survey for regional cyclists, which RTC members can help us promote.
11. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
12. Old Business and New Business
13. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is May 6, 2014.
- Highlights of the March 11, 2014 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, April 2014
- NEC Future – DVRPC Forecasting Work
- Board highlights – March 2014