Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Planning Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of February 11, 2014
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2013 TIP for PA and the FY2014 TIP for NJ.
- PA13-66: Approval of Act 89 FY14 Additional State Revenue Projects and Studies (Various MPMS#s), Various Counties
- PA13-67: All-Weather Pavement Markings Program 2014, (MPMS# 99717) Montgomery County – Add a Proposed New Project
- PA13-68: Statewide Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) Funding, (Various MPMS#s) Various Counties – Add Proposed New Projects
- NJ14-17: CR 545 and Old York Road (CR 660), Roundabout (DB# DB1405) Burlington County - Add Proposed New HSIP Project
- NJ14-18: Route 45, Mullica Road to Route 322, (DB# D1406) Gloucester County - Add Proposed New Project
6. Fiscal Year 2014 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
- Norristown High Speed Line King of Prussia Extension Alternatives Analysis – Supplement 1
DVRPC will provide additional technical support to SEPTA for the EIS on the King of Prussia Extension of the Norristown High Speed Line. This includes additional TIM 2.0 runs of alternatives and analysis using the FTA STOPS model.
7. FY 15 Transportation Management Association Assistance Grant Program and Mobility Alternatives Program Work Program Approvals
The six TMAs in the DVRPC Region submitted draft work programs for review by the TMA Policy Committee, which met on February 6. The comment period on these work programs concluded on Feb 21. Work programs have been revised according to comments and are now ready for full RTC approval. Staff will review the overall program and present summaries of work programs. In addition, there are seven applications for funding under the Mobility Alternatives Program, the DVRPC-managed effort for TDM outreach and education about alternatives to SOV travel to employers and commuters. These work programs are also ready for full RTC approval. Staff will present an overview.
8. RTAC Transit Program Update for FY2014 and FY2015
Staff will update the RTC and Regional Transit Advisory Committee (RTAC) on the status of projects selected by the RTAC for study in FY2014, and discuss plans for the FY2015 call for projects that will be coming later this spring.
9. Bordentown Township Redevelopment Proposed Connector Road
Staff will present results of a study which analyzed potential improvements to truck circulation through the township from major highways.
10. Resilience in the Face of Climate Change
This presentation will give a very brief overview of the expected impacts of climate change on the region, and present two examples of recent projects intended to prepare for these impacts. Rob Graff will provide a brief overview of the issues, Erik Johanson of SEPTA will present a FTA-funded project addressing the impacts of extreme weather on the Norristown Line of SEPTA’s Regional Rail System, and Chris Linn will present on a FHWA-funded project to assess the vulnerability to climate change for two regional transportation corridors in New Jersey.
11. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
12. Old Business and New Business
13. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is April 8, 2014.
- Highlights of the February 11, 2014 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, March 2014
- Board highlights – February 2014