Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Planning Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of January 7, 2014
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2013 TIP for PA and the FY2014 TIP for NJ.
- NJ14-13: Burlington County ATMS Upgrade & CR 656 DMS Deployment, (DB# TBD1), Burlington County
- NJ14-14: Reconstruction of Grove Street (CR 644), (DB# TBD2), Camden County
- NJ14-15: Resurfacing and Safety Improvements on Tuckahoe Road (CR 557), (DB# TBD3), Gloucester County
- NJ14-16: Resurfacing and Safety Improvements on Woodbury-Glassboro Road (CR 553), (DB# TBD4), Gloucester County
6. Fiscal Year 2014 Planning Work Program Amendment
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
- William Penn Foundation Grant to Provide Technical Assistance for The Circuit - William Penn Foundation has awarded DVRPC a grant to provide technical assistance to trail managers, builders, and advocates for planning, design, construction, and funding of Circuit Trails.
7. Project Evaluation Criteria for New TIP Projects
To help inform the selection process for new projects to be included in the DVRPC PA and NJ Transportation Improvement Programs, DVRPC has been working with its planning partners to update the region’s Project Evaluation Criteria for new TIP projects. Staff will seek a recommendation on weighted criteria that have been developed through this process.
8. US 30 Eastern Radnor Township Traffic and Circulation Study
Staff will present this recently completed study, examining existing, proposed and potential pedestrian and vehicular traffic issues along US 30 in the vicinity of Villanova University.
9. FY 15 Draft Transportation Management Association Assistance Grant Program and Mobility Alternatives Program Work Scopes Review
Each January, the Transportation Management Associations and Mobility Alternatives Program Contractors are asked to provide staff and member government stakeholders with draft work scopes for the upcoming fiscal year. FY 15 work scopes have been received and are currently being reviewed by the DVRPC TMA Policy Committee. DVRPC staff will provide highlights of the Programs and will request comments by February 21st.
10. Transportation Alternatives Programs
Staff will provide a status of TAP for both Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
11. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
12. Old Business and New Business
13. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is March 11, 2014.
- Highlights of the January 7, 2014 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, February 2014
- William Penn Foundation Grant to Provide Technical Assistance to The Circuit
- Project Evaluation Criteria for New TIP Projects
- DVRPC PennDOT Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) Q&A
- DVRPC PennDOT Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) Eligible Project Types
- Board highlights – January 2014