Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Planning Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of November 12, 2013
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2013 TIP for PA and the FY2014 TIP for NJ.
- NJ14-09: Mercer County Signal Project, CR 533, (DB# D0702) Mercer County – Add Project Back into TIP
- PA13-62: I-95/Turnpike Interchange Section D10, (MPMS# 95439) Bucks County – Add Breakout Project to TIP
6. Fiscal Year 2014 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
- I-95 Planning Assistance
7. DVRPC Fiscal Year (FY) 2015 Planning Work Program
The Draft Planning Work Program for FY 2015 was approved by the Board for distribution and review, with the public comment period closing on January 13, 2014. DVRPC staff are in the process of responding to comments that have been received and are working to resolve any open issues. After Board adoption, relevant revisions will continue to be incorporated into the Work Program and the Final document will be produced. The RTC is being asked to recommend that the Board adopt the Final FY 2015 Planning Work Program, pending the resolution of any outstanding comments and issues.
8. 2005-2010 Travel Trends
DVRPC’s most recent travel count data, collected in 2010, and a brief discussion of the changes in travel patterns throughout the region between 2005 and 2010. In particular, the recent Recession’s (December 2007 – June 2009) impact on travel. Data will be presented for auto, public transit, bicycle, and pedestrian trips.
9. DVRPC Bicycle and Pedestrian Counting Programs
Staff will present the current status of bicycle and pedestrian counting activity at DVRPC. This will include a presentation of initiatives to establish permanent counting sites as well as a cyclical counting program.
10. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
11. Old Business and New Business
12. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is February 11, 2014
- Highlights of the November 12, 2013 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, January 2014
- I-95 Planning Assistance
- Board highlights – December 2013