Regional Technical Committee Agenda
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Planning Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of October 8, 2013
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2013 TIP for PA and the FY2014 TIP for NJ.
- PA13-57: West Trenton Line Separation Project, (MPMS# TBD) SEPTA – Add New Project to Transit Program
- PA13-58: Red Lion Road Pedestrian Crossing, (MPMS# 97975) Montgomery County – Add New Project to TIP
- PA13-59: Baker Station Road Bridge over East Branch of White Clay Creek, (MPMS# TBD) Chester County – Add New Act 13 Bridge Project to TIP
- NJ14-03: Pearl Street Bulkhead Replacement, (DB# D1007A) Camden County – Add Project Back into TIP
- NJ14-04: Light Rail Resiliency, (DB#T904) NJ TRANSIT – Add New Project to TIP
- NJ14-05: NJ TRANSIT System Repairs/Restoration, (DB# T906) NJ TRANSIT – Add New Project to TIP
6. Fiscal Year 2014 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
- HSIP Design Assistance Program
7. FY 15 PA and NJ Transit Support Program and FY 15 NJ Supportive Regional Highway Planning Program Candidate Special Studies
Candidate special studies were received from member governments and forwarded to the Pennsylvania and New Jersey Subcommittees for review and approval. Staff will present the final slate of proposed projects for full RTC approval. These will then be included in the draft FY 15 UPWP.
8. RTC Meeting Dates for July 2014 Through November 2014
A set of proposed meeting dates for the RTC for July 2014 through November 2014 will be submitted to the committee for its consideration.
9. Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission (DRJTBC) Traffic and Revenue Forecasts
This project will provide traffic forecasts to support an investment-grade traffic and revenue study on the Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission’s existing toll bridges and the Scudder Falls Bridge, working as a sub-consultant to Jacobs Engineering Group. The Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project will widen I-95 over the Delaware River and add tolls to what is now a free crossing.
10. Retail Strategies Report
Through the Strategies for Older Suburbs work program, staff compiled information about 71 suburban downtown retail districts in an effort to learn what elements were common among successful older suburban retail districts. Staff will present the methodology and findings of the Revitalizing Downtown Retail Districts Study.
11. Center City Evacuation Model Development
In 2011, DVPRC began developing the Center City Simulation Model, under contract with the Southeastern Pennsylvania Regional Task Force and the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, and in cooperation with the City of Philadelphia. The objective of this study is to deliver an advanced multi-modal simulation model that can be used for analyzing transportation system efficiency under different operational scenarios, including emergency situations that require the partial or complete evacuation of Center City. This presentation will review the model development, initial applications, and findings for evacuation transportation planning conducted by DVRPC.
12. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
13. Old Business and New Business
14. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is January 7, 2014
- Highlights of the October 8, 2013 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, November 2013
- HSIP Design Assistance Program
- RTC Meeting Dates for July 2014 Through November 2014
- DRJTBC Traffic and Revenue Forecasts
- Board highlights – October 2013