Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Planning Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of September 10, 2013
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2013 TIP for PA and the FY2014 TIP for NJ.
- NJ14-01: Berlin Road Streetscape Improvements, Camden County, (DB# D1009), Camden County – Add Project Back in to the TIP
6. PennDOT Update on Local Asset Data Collection and PennShare
PennDOT Central Office staff will provide an update on the status of the Local Asset Data Collection effort. They will also introduce PennShare in which they will be setting up a location to post information for sharing with partners and customers.
7. Pennsauken Transit Center study
DVRPC’s Office of Smart Growth recently completed a study of the Pennsauken Transit Center, a new rail transit facility being constructed by NJ Transit at the crossing of the Atlantic City Rail Line (ACRL) and the RiverLINE in Pennsauken, NJ. The study outlines several strategies designed to facilitate better access to the transit center and identifies economic development opportunities created within the station area.
8. Update on DVRPC’s Aviation System Planning
DVRPC’s aviation planning efforts address trends and needs at the airports and heliports in a twelve county/four state region. DVRPC staff will provide an overview of current planning activities including development of a 2040 Regional Aviation System Plan and conduct of the annual aircraft operations counting program.
9. Managing Access in the Delaware Valley: Ridge Pike, Lower Providence, Montgomery County
DVRPC regularly conducts access management corridor case studies. Potential case study corridors are assessed by their inclusion in the regional CMP, in addition to other qualitative factors to determine a study’s benefit locally and regionally. This access management case study addresses an emerging corridor on Ridge Pike in Lower Providence Township, Montgomery County.
10. FY 15 UPWP Transit Support Program and Supportive Regional Highway Planning Program Work Program Submission Schedule
11. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
12. Old Business and New Business
13. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is November 12, 2013
- Highlights of the September 10, 2013 RTC Meeting
- TIP Action, October 2013
- FY 15 UPWP Transit Support Program And Supportive Regional Highway Planning Program Work Program Submission Schedule
- Board highlights – September 2013