Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Planning Director’s Report
3. Public Comment on Any Agenda Item
4. Highlights of the Meeting of June 11, 2013
5. Approval of Congestion Management Process (CMP) Supplemental Commitment Table
One new road capacity-adding project requires RTC action to be added to the FY2013 TIP for Pennsylvania. The action is to approve the supplemental commitment table for the Ellis Town Center project.
6. Recommendation for Adoption of Conformity Determination of the FY2013–FY 2016 TIP for Pennsylvania, FY 2014–2017 TIP for New Jersey, and the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan
DVRPC has demonstrated Transportation Conformity for the FY 2013 Pennsylvania TIP, FY 2014 New Jersey TIP, and Connections 2040Long-Range Plan. This demonstration is necessitated by a new New Jersey TIP and Long-Range Plan, and the addition of regionally significant, non-exempt projects to the FY 2013 Pennsylvania TIP. Staff will present the results of the Transportation Conformity Determination and request that the RTC recommend that the DVRPC Board adopt the findings at the July Board meeting.
7. Recommendation for Adoption of the Connections 2040 Plan for Greater Philadelphia
The Connections 2040 Plan is the four-year update to the regional Long-Range Plan. It has been developed with member governments and agencies, regional stakeholder groups, and the public and outlines a vision for the future growth and development of the region. The Plan also identifies policies and strategies to achieve that vision and prioritizes the transportation investments that the region will be able to move forward by 2040. Staff will review comments received during the 30-day public comment period and request a recommendation to the Board for adoption.
8. Adoption of the DVRPC FY2014-2017 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for New Jersey
Federal law and planning regulations require the development of a Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) in order for the metropolitan region to be eligible to receive and spend federal transportation funds. The creation of the TIP is to be done by the MPO in cooperation with the state(s) and transit operators, and must provide opportunity for input and comment by the public. A 30-day comment period must be conducted prior to a formal action to adopt the TIP. DVRPC undertakes a major TIP Update every year for either the Pennsylvania portion of the region, or the New Jersey portion of the region; at this time, the PA and NJ TIPs are updated on alternating years. Staff is presenting the Draft DVRPC FY2014 TIP for New Jersey with Recommended Changes for adoption by the DVRPC Board.
9. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2013 TIP for PA and the FY2012 TIP for NJ.
- PA13-41: Montgomery County Act 13 Local Bridges, (Various MPMS#s), Montgomery County - Add Proposed New Projects to the TIP
- PA13-42: Ellis Town Center, (MPMS# 96946), Delaware County - Add Proposed New Project to the TIP
- PA13-43: Speakman’s Covered Bridge/Frog Hollow Road, (MPMS# 14200), Chester County – Add Construction Phase Back into the TIP and Increase Final Design Phase
- NJ12-75: Sign Structure Replacement Contract 2011-1 (DB# 11427), Camden and Mercer Counties – Add Proposed New Project to the TIP
- NJ12-76: Rail Rolling Stock Procurement (DB# T112), NJ TRANSIT - Increase FY13 Funding by $14 million CMAQ
10. U.S. Open Service Plan: The SEPTA Experience
The 2013 U.S. Open was held at the Merion Golf Club in Ardmore, PA June 10-16, 2013. Mike Liberi (Chief Surface Transportation Officer, SEPTA) will provide details of SEPTA’s service plan for the major golf event, and will also highlight their coordination efforts with the USGA and effected municipalities.
11. 2011 Annual Crash Data Bulletin - County
Staff will provide an overview of this annual bulletin, which provides a snapshot of road safety at the county and municipal-levels, and is a companion piece to the 2011 Annual Crash Data Bulletin for the Delaware Valley (DVRPC Publication #13010). The county bulletin advances the goals of the 2012 Transportation Safety Action Plan: Improving Transportation Safety in the Delaware Valley (DVRPC Publication #12030) by raising awareness and supplying decision makers with crash trend information.
12. Pennsylvania State Transportation Commission Public Outreach Modernization Project
The Pennsylvania State Transportation Commission is working on a pilot program to modernize their outreach process. Staff will share some of the highlights of the Pilot.
13. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
14. Old Business, New Business, Public Comment on Any Non-Agenda Item
15. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is September 10, 2013
- Highlights of the June 11, 2013 RTC Meeting
- Adoption of the DVRPC FY2014-2017 TIP for NJ Memo
- TIP Actions, July 2013
- City Branch Transit Feasibility Assessment Project Description
- FY2015 Call for TSP and SRHPP special studies memo
- Board highlights – June 2013