Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Planning Director’s Report
3. Public Comment on Any Agenda Item
4. Highlights of the Meeting of May 7, 2013
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2013 TIP for PA and the FY2012 TIP for NJ.
- PA13-38: Delaware County Act 13 Local Bridges, (Various MPMS#s), Delaware County - Add Proposed New Projects to the TIP
- PA13-39: Wall and Pavement Repair, SR 0032 - LG1(River Road), (MPMS# 87744), Bucks County - Add Proposed New Project to the TIP
- PA13-40: 30th Street Station Bridges, (MPMS# 64844), City of Philadelphia - Project Cost Increase
- NJ12-68: South Jersey Bus Rapid Transit (SJ BRT)/Avandale Park and Ride (Bus Livability) (DB# T630), NJ TRANSIT – Add Proposed New Project to the TIP
- NJ12-70: Preventive Maintenance - Bus (DB# T135), NJ TRANSIT – Project Cost Increase
- NJ12-71: Route 70, Route 38 to Cropwell Road (DB# 11338), Camden and Burlington Counties - Add PE and DES Phases
6. Federal Functional Classification Review and Update
Recently, DVRPC adopted new Adjusted Urbanized Area boundaries based on the 2010 Census. Changes to the Urbanized Area require updates to the Federal Functional Classification of roadways in the affected area. This update provides a good opportunity for DOTs and County Planning Commissions to re-assess the functional classification of all roadways according to the character of service they are intended to provide and changes to the roadway system since 2000. Staff will present the updates and ask the RTC to recommend Board approval.
7. FFY 2012 New Jersey Job Access / Reverse Commute (JARC) and New Freedom Projects
DVRPC’s CHSTP Selection Committee has developed a recommended list of New Jersey JARC and New Freedom projects proposed for one-year of funding. Staff will provide an overview and will ask the RTC to recommend the Board approve the recommended projects.
8. Annual Self-Certification of the Regional Transportation Planning Process
Federal regulations require that the Metropolitan Planning Organization self-certify that the Regional Transportation Planning Process is carried out in conformance with applicable federal regulations. Staff will present its recommendation for Board adoption.
9. RTC Meeting Dates for Fiscal Year 2014
A set of proposed meeting dates for the RTC for fiscal year 2014 will be submitted to the committee for its consideration.
10. Election of Fiscal Year 2014 Officers
The RTC nominating committee will present a slate of candidates for FY 2014.
11. Haverford Road: Commercial Corridor Analysis Report
DVRPC's Office of Corridor and Transportation Studies has recently completed the Haverford Road: Commercial Corridor Analysis, a study designed to evaluate potential improvements to a portion of Haverford Road in Haverford Township, Delaware County. The study focuses on the Haverford Road commercial area between Hathaway Lane, near the Ardmore Junction Station of the Norristown High Speed Line (NHSL), and Eagle Road/Wynnewood, near the Wynnewood Road Station of the NHSL. DVRPC's work builds on recent municipal efforts to improve the township's business districts, and includes strategies to enhance the pedestrian environment, promote revitalization of commercial properties, and improve access to transit.
12. Implementing Shared Services
Because the use of shared services by municipal governments has been shown to reduce costs and increase efficiency in service delivery, DVRPC researched shared services to learn what is already occurring in the region and how to better support interested municipalities. To this end, the Smart Growth unit authored MIT #25, Implementing Shared Services, and is hosting a forum, Implementing Shared Services: Best Practices and Case Studies for municipal leaders on Friday, June 7th. Staff will present some of the main points from MIT #25 and give an overview of the forum.
13. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
14. Old Business, New Business, Public Comment on Any Non-Agenda Item
15. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is July 9, 2013
- TIP Actions, June 2013
- Memo: Round 14 (FFY2012) NJ JARC and New Freedom Recommendations
- Highlights of the May 7, 2013 RTC Meeting
- Proposed RTC meeting dates: FY2014
- Board highlights – May 2013