Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Planning Director’s Report
3. Public Comment on Any Agenda Item
4. Highlights of the Meeting of April 9, 2013
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2013 TIP for PA and the FY2012 TIP for NJ.
- PA13-35: John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge Cyclist and Pedestrian Access Study, (MPMS# 97474), Various Counties – Add New Study to TIP
- PA13-36: I-476, Mid County Expressway Roadway Reconstruction, (MPMS# 80479), Montgomery County – Add Back into TIP
6. Fiscal Year 2013 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
- Grant Adminstration for PennVest Funded Tree Planting Projects in City of Chester and Sellersville Borough
7. Authorization to Open 30-Day Public Comment Period for the Long-Range Plan and Transportation Conformity Determination
Staff will seek a recommendation to open a 30-day public comment period to gather input on the draft Long-Range Plan and draft Transportation Conformity Determination for the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan, FY 2013-2016 Pennsylvania TIP, and FY 2014-2017 New Jersey TIP.
8. Appointment of Nominating Committee for FY2014 DVRPC Regional Technical Committee Officers
A Nominating Committee will be selected to appoint candidates for Chairman and Vice Chairman for the PCC/RTC for FY2014 (July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014). The Chairman for FY2014 must be a voting member from New Jersey, and the Vice Chairman must be a voting member from Pennsylvania. The committee will report these candidates and elections will take place at the June 2013 RTC meeting.
9. Community Wayfinding Signing
Staff will report on a wayfinding signage design and layout plan and related interactive database that was created as the product for municipal partners in eastern Montgomery County. The signing plans are partly in response to, and have incorporated the new MUTCD guidelines.
10. DVRPC's Travel Improvement Model 2.0
DVRPC recently completed development of its new travel forecasting model, “TIM2.0.” This model is now in production and is being used for several highway and transit studies, as well as this year’s Conformity Determination. Staff will present an overview of the model, its development, and its validation against observed travel patterns.
11. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
12. Old Business, New Business, Public Comment on Any Non-Agenda Item
13. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is June 11, 2013
- Highlights of the April 9, 2013 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, May 2013
- Work Program Amendment project description
- Letter of Support – Delaware County
- Letter of Support – Bucks County
- Board highlights – April 2013