Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Planning Director’s Report
3. Public Comment on Any Agenda Item
4. Highlights of the Meeting of March 12, 2013
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2013 TIP for PA and the FY2012 TIP for NJ.
- PA13-27: State of Good Repair, (MPMS# 77180), SEPTA – Increase Funding
- PA13-28: Bridge Improvement Program, (MPMS# 95402), SEPTA – Increase Funding
- PA13-29: Substation Improvement Program, (MPMS# 60651), SEPTA – Increase Funding
- PA13-31: I-76 Slope Stabilization, (MPMS# 95708), Montgomery County – Add New Proposed Project
- PA13-32: Philadelphia Traffic Operations Center, (MPMS# 93106), City of Philadelphia – Add Final Design Phase to Project
6. Authorization to Open 30-Day Public Comment Period for the Draft DVRPC FY 2014 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for New Jersey
Federal law planning regulations require the development of a TIP in order for the metropolitan region to be eligible to receive and spend federal transportation funds. Staff will seek a recommendation to open a 30-day public comment period and release documents in May 2013, for the purpose of gathering public and agency comments on the Draft FY 2014 New Jersey TIP. The Draft NJ TIP will be presented in July 2013 for adoption.
7. FY 2014 Pennsylvania Job Access / Reverse Commute (JARC) Projects
DVRPC’s CHSTP Selection Committee has developed a recommended list of 23 Pennsylvania JARC projects proposed for one-year of JARC funding. Staff will provide an overview and will ask the RTC to recommend the Board approve the recommended projects.
8. The VISSIM Standards Project
DVRPC staff is conducting a two-year project to improve micro-scale traffic operations simulation in the DVRPC region. Project results will benefit future projects by providing locally-derived default value inputs and calibration factors. Staff will provide an overview of the project.
9. SEPTA Bus Stop Design Guidelines
Staff will present an overview of this recently-published report, which includes SEPTA's first comprehensive set of design guidelines for bus stops, stop areas, and the incorporation of bus stop facilities into the development review process. The purpose of these guidelines is to provide municipalities in the SEPTA service area, local developers, and other local partners with a consistent framework for designing surface transit stops.
10. Progress Toward Smart Growth
Staff will present two recent initiatives: the Smart Growth Project Database, a new online mapping application that tracks a variety of noteworthy development projects throughout the region; and a survey of municipalities on their progress toward smart growth goals.
11. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
12. Old Business, New Business, Public Comment on Any Non-Agenda Item
13. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is May 7, 2013
Highlights of the March 12, 2013 RTC Meeting
TIP Actions, April 2013
JARC Memo and Supporting Documents