Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Planning Director’s Report
3. Public Comment on Any Agenda Item
4. Highlights of the Meeting of February 5, 2013
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2013 TIP for PA and the FY2012 TIP for NJ.
- PA13-22: Transit and Regional Rail Station Program, (MPMS# 77183), SEPTA – Add Proposed New Projects to TIP
- PA13-23: Expressway Service Patrol - Suburban Counties (2013-2016), (MPMS# 92182), PennDOT – Add Project Back into TIP
- PA13-24: Sedgley Avenue Bridge over Conrail (DB# TBD), City of Philadelphia - Add Proposed New Project to the TIP
- NJ12-56: - Burlington County Roadway Traffic Signal Upgrade and System Interconnect (DB# D1303), Burlington County – Add Proposed New Project
- PA12-57: Burlington County Roadway Safety Improvements (DB# D0302), Burlington County – Add Proposed New Project to the TIP
- NJ12-59: Paratransit Vehicles (Various DB#s), Various Counties –
Camden County Bus Purchase (DB #D0601)
Mercer County Bus Purchase (DB #D1011)
- NJ12-58: Ben Franklin Bridge Walkway Cameras and Call Stations (DB# TBD), DRPA/PATCO – Add Proposed New Project to the TIP
6. Fiscal Year 2013 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
- Glassboro – Camden Line Ridership Forecast
- Philadelphia Food Funders Strategic Plan and Funding Scan
7. FHWA Adjusted Urbanized Area
The Census Bureau recently completed its update of Urbanized Areas based on the 2010 Census. FHWA allows the states, in cooperation with regional and local governments, to adjust (expand) the urbanized areas. The Adjusted Urbanized Area is used to determine the Federal Functional Classification of roadways. Eligibility for some Federal transportation programs is based in part on the Federal Functional Class. Staff will present DVRPC’s proposed adjustments to the Urbanized Area and ask the RTC to recommend Board approval.
8. Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) with Lehigh Valley Planning Commission (LVPC) and Reading Area Transportation Study (RATS)
Because portions of the Pottstown and Allentown Urbanized Areas extend across MPO boundaries, DVRPC has maintained Memorandums of Understanding with LVPC and RATS regarding the transportation planning and programming responsibilities for these Urbanized Areas. These MOUs are updated every 10 years following the definition of new Urbanized Areas by the Census Bureau. Staff will present the updated MOUs and ask the RTC to recommend Board approval.
9. Fiscal Year 2014 Pennsylvania Transportation Management Association (TMA) Assistance Grant Program Application Approval
The six Pennsylvania TMAs in the DVRPC Region submitted draft work programs for review by the TMA Policy Committee, which met on February 7, 2013. The review period on these work programs concluded on February 15, 2013. Work programs have been revised according to comments and are now ready for full RTC approval. Staff will review the overall program and present summaries of work programs.
10. Fiscal Year 2014 Pennsylvania Mobility Alternatives Program Work Program Approval
For FY14 there are seven applications for funding under the Mobility Alternatives Program, the DVRPC-managed effort for TDM outreach and education about alternatives to SOV travel to employers and commuters. These work programs were reviewed by the DVRPC’s TMA Policy Committee and are ready for full RTC approval. Staff will present an overview.
11. PhillyFreightFinder: Freight Mapping and Data Platform for the Delaware Valley
Staff will present DVRPC’s new freight web mapping application. The application is a unique, regional tool that provides increased opportunities for data sharing across the Delaware Valley. The application provides capacity and activity information on 19 types of freight facilities in 7 categories, offering a better understanding of the freight network in the Delaware Valley.
12. Data Snapshots Series: Immigration in Greater Philadelphia
Staff will present a Data Snapshot that examines the foreign-born population in Greater Philadelphia, which has grown and changed rapidly since 1990. Greater Philadelphia's population is becoming more diverse, and immigration has helped many communities in the region replenish population losses.
13. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
14. Old Business, New Business, Public Comment on Any Non-Agenda Item
15. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is April 9, 2013
- Highlights of the February 5, 2013 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, March 2013
- Glassboro – Camden Line Ridership Forecast Project Description
- Developing the FHWA 2010 Adjusted Urban Boundary map
- MOU: DVRPC-LVTS
- MOU: DVRPC-RATS
- 2010 Census Urban Areas map
- January 2013 Board minutes