Regional Technical Committee
10:00 a.m. Meeting
Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman's Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director's Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of September 9, 2008
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. As situations arise, the PCC/RTC is asked to consider changes.
a. PA09-03: Expressway Service Patrol Expansion Program (MPMS #69801), Philadelphia - Cost Increase
b. PA09-04: North Broad Streetscape Improvement Project (MPMS #74807), Montgomery County - Proposed New DEMO Project
6. Fiscal Year 2009 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the PCC/RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
a. Installation of Automated Weather Observation Systems (AWOS) at ten General Aviation Airports in New Jersey. Total Study Cost $90,000. 100% NJ funds
7. PCC/RTC Meeting Dates for 2009
A set of proposed meeting dates for the PCC/RTC for calendar year 2009 will be submitted to the committee for its consideration.
8. Forecasting 2035 SEPTA Regional Rail Ridership
DVRPC was tasked by SEPTA to forecast 2035 Regional Rail Ridership, parking, and other metrics using the DVRPC Travel Demand Model. DVRPC Systems Modeling unit will describe the project, method used, and present the forecasts in the context of higher gasoline prices.
9. Broad Street Line Extension Feasibility Study
Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation (PIDC) will present the results of their TCDI-funded study that assessed the land use decisions, ridership, engineering feasibility, preliminary project costs and funding operations of extending SEPTA's Broad Street Line (BSL) to The Navy Yard.
10. Reclaiming Brownfields: A Primer for Municipalities
Reclaiming Brownfields: A Primer for Municipalities was published by DVRPC in September 2008. This resource provides information about brownfields redevelopment targeted to municipal planners and decision-makers. The primer defines brownfields, identifies benefits and barriers involved in brownfield redevelopment, discussion related issues such as green building and equitable development, and describes Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and federal brownfields funding and technical assistance resources.
11. FY 10 Transit Support Program and Supportive Regional Highway Planning Program Special Studies
Staff will issue the final call for special studies programs and will review the submission evaluation and approval schedules.
12. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
13. Old Business and New Business
14. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is Wednesday, November 5, 2008.
1. Minutes of the September 16, 2008 RCC Meeting
2. Highlights of the September 9, 2008 RTC Meeting
3. TIP Actions, October 2008
4. AWOS Installation at Ten N.J. Airports
5. PCC/RTC Meeting Dates for 2009