Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Planning Director’s Report
3. Highlights of the Meeting of January 8, 2012
4. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2013 TIP for PA and the FY2012 TIP for NJ.
- PA13-21: Additional Design Start Funding Provided to the DVRPC Region, (Various MPMS#s) Various Pennsylvania Counties
1) Vine Street Expressway Bridges over I-676 Expressway (PAB) – Part 3 (MPMS# 80054), City of Philadelphia
2) Vine Street Expressway Bridges over I-676 Expressway (PAC) – Part 2 (MPMS# 88768), City of Philadelphia
3) Roosevelt Boulevard Over Wayne Junction (WAV) Viaduct (MPMS# 83736), City of Philadelphia
4) I-95 Overhead Bridges (MPMS# 88407), Delaware County
5) US202: Dekalb Pike, Section 610 Johnson Highway to Morris Road (Design Only) (MPMS# 50364), Montgomery County
- NJ12-51: CR 553 Buck Road, Section 2, Resurfacing (DB# TBD), Gloucester County – Add Proposed New Project to the TIP
- NJ12-52: CR 678, Harrison Street (Mantua or Berkley Road), Resurfacing (DB# TBD), Gloucester County - Add Proposed New Project
- NJ12-53: Pearl Street Bulkhead Replacement (DB# TBD), Camden County – Add Proposed New Project to the TIP
5. Fiscal Year 2013 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
- Online Business and Technology Training Program (OBTT)
6. Review of Recommended FY14 Pennsylvania New Freedom Project Slate
Staff will brief the RTC on the Selection Committee’s recommended list of five Pennsylvania New Freedom projects, which were originally approved last fiscal year for two years of funding—the second of these two years must now be reviewed and re-approved.
7. Adjustments to 2040 Demographic Forecasts for Upper Merion Township
A better estimate of future growth in Upper Merion Township is available due to updated information on development. Staff will present the adjustments and ask the RTC to recommend Board approval.
8. I-95/I-476 Interchange Improvement Feasibility Study – Phase 2
In the initial I-95/I-476 Interchange Study the consultant identified 10 potential improvements, three of which were studied in more detailed in the Phase 2 effort. The three interchange improvements studied were: from southbound I-476 to southbound I-95; from northbound I-95 to northbound I-476; and peak hour shoulder use on I-476. Staff will present the results of the study including feasibility, traffic benefits, and planning level cost estimates.
9. Norristown Transportation Center Intermodal Study and Concept Plan
This project (publication pending), conducted on behalf of SEPTA and Montgomery County, developed strategies to enhance operations at Norristown Transportation Center as well as its connectivity with the Norristown community. Staff will present an overview of this study’s process and outcomes.
10. FY 14 Draft Transportation Management Association Assistance Grant Program and Mobility Alternatives Work Program Comment Period Opens
Program and Mobility Alternatives Program Work Program Comment Period Open Each January, the Transportation Management Associations and Mobility Alternatives Program contractors are asked to provide staff and member government stakeholders with draft work scopes for the upcoming fiscal year. FY 14 work scopes have been received. The comment period opens February 5, 2013 and concludes February 22, 2013.
11. Classic Towns Update
Staff will provide a brief update on DVRPC’s Classic Towns program.
12. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
13. Old Business and New Business
14. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is March 12, 2013
- Highlights of the January 8, 2013 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, February 2013
- PA New Freedom Project Slate Memo
- Revised Population Forecasts for Upper Merion Township