Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Planning Director’s Report
3. Election of Chair
The Pennsylvania Sub-committee will present its nomination to fill the vacant RTC Chair position. The RTC will also consider nominations from the floor. The elected RTC Chair will serve out the remaining term, set to expire on June 30, 2013.
4. Highlights of the Meeting of November 13, 2012
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2013 TIP for PA and the FY2012 TIP for NJ.
- PA13-12: Ardmore Transportation Center – Phase I (MPMS# 73214), SEPTA – Add a Project Back into the TIP
- PA13-13: Gradyville Road (Bridge) (MPMS# 64821), Delaware County – Add a Project back into the TIP
- PA13-14: City ADA Ramps Project (MPMS# 69109), City of Philadelphia – Add New Project to the TIP
- PA13-17: All-Weather Pavement Marking (AWPM) Program – State Fiscal Year 2012-2013 (MPMS# 96190), Various Counties – Add New Project to the TIP
- PA13-15: District 6-0 Bridge Maintenance and Surface Treatment Contracts (Various MPMS#), Various Counties – Add New Projects to the TIP
- PA13-16: I-95, Shackamaxon Street to Ann Street (GIR) - Design (MPMS# 17821), City of Philadelphia – Cost increase
- NJ12-45: Route 130, Columbus Road/Jones Street (DB# 02397), NJDOT – Add PE Phase
- NJ12-47: Median Cross Over Protection Contract #12 (DB# 12367), Statewide – Add New Project
6. Fiscal Year 2013 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
- I-76 and I-476 Interchange Operational Improvements
- Alternatives Development for Roosevelt Boulevard Transit Investments
- Pennsylvania Partnership to Promote Natural Gas Vehicles
7. DVRPC Fiscal Year (FY) 2014 Planning Work Program
The Draft Planning Work Program for FY 2014 was approved by the Board for distribution and review, with the public comment period closing on January 14, 2013. DVRPC staff are in the process of responding to comments that have been received and are working to resolve any open issues. After Board adoption, relevant revisions will continue to be incorporated into the Work Program and the Final document will be produced. The RTC is being asked to recommend that the Board adopt the Final FY 2014 Planning Work Program, pending the resolution of any outstanding comments and issues.
8. Overview of City of Philadelphia’s Complete Streets Handbook
Ariel Ben-Amos, Senior Planner/Analyst, City of Philadelphia, will provide an overview for the City of Philadelphia’s Complete Streets Handbook. This presentation will include a brief history of the handbook’s development, highlights of the features included in it, and details on how the City will use it to move towards implementation.
9. 2010 Land Use and 2011 Protected Open Space Inventory for the Delaware Valley Region
Land use information and analysis is a fundamental tool in the planning process, and DVRPC’s land use data is updated based on aerial surveillance gathered every five years. Additionally, DVRPC maintains an inventory of protected public and private open space in the Delaware Valley. The inventory tracks all publicly owned open space, preserved farmland, and non-profit protected open space. Staff will present a summary and highlights of the region’s 2010 land use data, as well as the 2011 protected open space inventory.
10. CHSTP (JARC and New Freedom) Policy Changes and Timetable Update
Staff will present a brief update on recent CHSTP policy changes, as well as a preview of MAP-21 implications and selection cycle timetables for New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
11. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
12. Old Business and New Business
13. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is February 5, 2013
- Highlights of the November 13, 2012 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, January 2013
- Work Program Amendments
- FY14 UPWP Memo