Regional Technical Committee
A light lunch will be available
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
10:00 a.m. RTC Meeting Begins
12:00 p.m. Working Lunch
1. Report of September 29, 1998 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Approval of Meeting Schedule for 1996
4. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Amendments/Modification
During the course of the year, it becomes necessary to amend or modify the existing Transportation Improvement Program.
- Pennsylvania: PennDOT is requesting (1) the inclusion of engineering for the 309/Fort Washington Interchange and for a section of I-95 and (2) ROW acquisition for Intersection Improvement at PA 113/PA 401.
- New Jersey: NJDOT has been working with staff and member governments to develop an amendment that will include an array of projects that are nearing the end of the pipeline and ready to advance.
5. Route 70 and Evesboro - Medford Road Intersection Improvements
NJDOT is seeking endorsement of a project to improve this intersection in Burlington County. Existing intersection problems as well as proposal improvements will be presented by NJDOT staff.
6. FY 1999 Planning Work Program Amendments
a. Traffic Analysis Zone (TAZ) System Revisions Required by the Year 2000 Census
The Federal Highway Administration has requested DVRPC to revise the system of TAZ used in the travel simulation models. A FY 1999 Planning Work Program Amendment is required to include this project.
b. Year 2025 Transportation and Land Use Plan
An amendment to the FY 1999 Planning Work Program is needed for additional funds to update the Year 2020 Plan to reflect the changing and emerging trends within the region and to maintain a 20 year planning horizon.
c. Transportation Enhancement (TE) Program Development
Existing Program Funds will be transferred to this project to provide resources for the review and prioritization of candidate TE projects.
7. FY 2000 Work Program Development
The Work Program consists of DVRPC staff efforts, member government Supportive Highway Planning and the Transit Support Program (TSP). Staff will review the status necessary to develop the program. Reports on the Board Work Program Committee Meeting of November 9 and the TSP Subcommittee Meeting of November 12, 1998 will be provided.
8. FTA Job Access and Reverse Commute Competitive Grant Program
FTA application guidelines for this program have only recently been released and are enclosed in this mailing. On November 13, at 1:00 p.m., DVRPC will hold an information meeting. The Board will take action on qualifying proposals at their December 4, 1998 meeting to meet the FTA deadline of December 31, 1998.
9. Discussion Items
- Pennsylvania CMAQ Program Development Process
- Route 202 (300) Status report
- TCSP Grant Applications
10. Old Business
11. New BusinessAttachments
(1) Highlights of September 29, 1998 Meeting
(2) Calendar of Events
(3) Schedule of Meetings for Calendar Year 1999
(4) DVRPC Reference List of Acronyms
(5) Letter From John Coscia - FTA Job Access and Reverse Commute Competitive Grant Program
(6) Work Program Amendment - Year 2025 - Transportation and Land Use Plan
(7) Work Program Amendment - Transportation Enhancement Program Development
(8) Work Program Amendment - Year 2000 Traffic Analysis Zone System