Regional Technical Committee
A light lunch will be available
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
WINTER WEATHER ALERT: If snow or icing occurs on this day, call DVRPC at (215) 592-1800 to confirm if the meeting will be held.
10:00 a.m. RTC Meeting Begins
12:00 p.m. Working Lunch - Schuylkill Valley Metro Coalition - Peter Quinn
1:30 p.m. Pennsylvania Subcommittee: TIP Development Process
1. Report of January 6, 1998 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. 1998 - 2002 Transportation Improvement Program Amendments
During the course of the year, it becomes necessary to amend or modify the existing Transportation Improvement Program. Although no final documents have been received, there may be modifications/amendments necessitated by the pending New Jersey State Implementation Plan action.
4. SEPTA Five-Year Plan for Strategic Change
The Plan is SEPTA's response to the recommendations made in the Phoenix Report and represents the direction in which the new General Manager, John K. Leary Jr, wishes to take the organization. SEPTA sees its main problems as high costs, continuing loss of ridership, and a workforce that does not feel it is part of the organizational team. The Plan outlines a program to address these problems, with emphasis placed on the word change.
5. Pennsylvania State Transportation Commission (STC) Meeting February 19, 1998.
Every two years, the STC conducts hearings throughout the commonwealth to gather testimony on proposed transportation improvements. The DVRPC Executive Director has been invited to make regional comments to begin the testimony. Staff will provide an outline of this proposed regional testimony for comment.
6. 2020 Plan Implementation - PA100 Corridor Study
This is the second corridor study, and the first in Pennsylvania, which staff has completed toward implementing the recommendations of the 2020 Plan. Staff will present an overview of the comprehensive land use and transportation evaluation of the 13 mile long study corridor, located in central Chester County.
7. Conrail Acquisition
Staff will provide an update on the proposed Conrail acquisition by the Norfolk Southern and CSX railroads, including the revised regulatory schedule and the Draft Environmental Impact Statement.
8. Old Business
- Air Quality Regulations and Impacts
- Work Program Items
- New Jersey DOT Corridor Proposal
- Mobility Alternatives Program
- Route 29/Millstone By-Pass
9. New Business
(1) Highlights of January 6, 1998 RTC Meeting
(2) Calendar of Events for February, 1998
(3) Summary of the Amtrak Reform and Accountability Act