Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Planning Director’s Report
3. Highlights of the Meeting of October 2, 2012
4. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2013 TIP for PA and the FY2012 TIP for NJ.
- PA13-05: FTA Section 5310 Program (MPMS# 82860), PennDOT - Add a Program Back into the TIP
- PA13-06: Coatesville Train Station (MPMS# 87534), PennDOT – Add a Project Back into the TIP
- PA13-07: Traffic Signal Priority Upgrades on SEPTA Routes (Routes 52, 60 and 66 MPMS# TBD, and Route 6 MPMS# TBD), City of Philadelphia – Add New Projects to the TIP
- PA13-08: North Delaware Avenue Extension Phase 2 Study (MPMS# TBD), City of Philadelphia – Add a New Project to the TIP
- NJ12-39: Redistribution of Unobligated Earmark Balances, Various DB#s, Various Counties in New Jersey
5. FY 14 Transit Support Program and Supportive Regional Highway Planning Program Special Studies
Candidate special studies were received from member governments and forwarded to the Pennsylvania and New Jersey Subcommittees for review and approval. Staff will present the final slate of proposed projects for full RTC approval.
6. Rebranding of TransitChek
DVRPC no longer holds the license to use the TransitChek trademark; Wageworks Inc. purchased TransitCenter which owns the trademark. Therefore, DVRPC will maintain their transit benefit program under a new name. Owen Franklin, Portfolio Associates, will present focus group results regarding new names and program options for the former TransitChek program. Additionally, staff will present the new program name, logo and release schedule.
7. PennDOT’s Local Road and Bridge Data Collection Effort
In August 2012, PennDOT developed and implemented the Local Road and Bridge Mobile Application for the purpose of inventorying all locally-owned bridges that are between 8 to 20 feet in length, and all non-liquid fuel roads. The result of this project will establish a local road network inventory for Pennsylvania, as well as a website of Local Bridges to be accessible by municipalities and the public. John Parker, Transportation Planning Manager - Bridge Program, PennDOT, will provide an update and timetable of completion for the first mobile application to be developed by PennDOT.
8. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
9. Old Business and New Business
10. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is January 8, 2013
- Highlights of the October 2, 2012 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, November 2012