Regional Technical Committee
A light lunch will be available
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
New Jersey Subcommittee Meeting over lunch -
"Planning Beyond the Pipeline" - see enclosed agenda
1. Report of October 5, 1999 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
During the course of the year it is necessary for the State Departments of Transportation and the transit operators to make changes to the TIP to reflect current program needs.
- PennDOT request to modify the PA TIP for cost increases to 7 projects (#5115, 5716, 5581, 6878, 8551, 0523A, 5658 [from prior TIP]).
- Amendment to PA TIP to add Supplemental funding to the DVRPC ITS Institutional Coordination project - action taken by Board at the October 1999 meeting.
4. Year 2025 Municipal Population and Employment Forecasts
Using recently adopted county level forecasts as control totals and current information available, DVRPC staff derived municipal forecasts in five year increments to the year 2025. These forecasts update and extend DVRPC's 2020 forecasts as required by TEA-21 and represents the most likely future scenario for the region, and will be used in all transportation and regional planning analysis. All forecasts were reviewed, adjusted and approved by member county planning staff and are recommended for adoption by DVRPC staff.
5. Year 2000 Work Program Amendments
The current year work program must be amended to add several projects to be advanced by staff. They are:
- Center City Cordon Survey
- Regional Screen Line Survey
- External Trip Survey
- Regional ITS
6. Planning Beyond the Pipeline
Staff will present a summary of work done last fiscal year on this project. The NJ Subcommittee will meet in afternoon session to discuss new directions.
7. Regional Vehicle Occupancy Survey and Analysis
Over the last several years, staff has been completing surveys of auto, truck and bus occupancy rates throughout the region. The recently completed report will be made available.
8. DVRPC Year 2001 Work Program
Staff will review the projects selected for Transit Support Program, Supportive Highway Planning and DVRPC Work program
Staff will provide a summary of year-to-date and program-to-date financial data on the success of the TransitChek Program.
- Pennsylvania CMAQ Competitive Program
- Pennsylvania Transportation Enhancement Program
- New Jersey Recreational Trails Program
- New Jersey STIP Approval
- 2025 Transportation Land Use Plan
10. Old Business
11. New Business
1. Highlights of the October 5, 1999 RTC Meeting
2. Letter dated October 21, 1999 from NJDOT on Recreational Trails
3. Letter dated October 26, 1999 from FHWA approving STIP program
4. Municipal Population Forecasts
5. Municipal Employment Forecasts
6. Year 2000 Work Program Amendments
7. New Jersey Local Bridge Initiatives
8. New Jersey Subcommittee Agenda
9. Calendar of Events for November 1999