Regional Technical Committee
A light lunch will be available
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
||RTC Meeting Begins
1. Report of July 6, 1999 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
During the course of the year it is necessary for the State Departments of Transportation and the transit operators to make changes to the TIP to reflect current program needs.
4. Regional Self Certification of the Transportation Planning Process
Annually, DVRPC is required to self certify that the transportation planning process is in conformance with federal regulations implementing TEA-21, the Clean Air Act and other pertinent federal legislation.
5. New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT)/DVRPC Memorandum of Understanding on the Transportation Improvement Program Process
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on the TIP process in New Jersey has been in effect for several years. Additions and revisions to the document are in the discussion stage between technical staffs and it may be ready for recommendation to the Board.
6. 2025 Penn Plan
Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) is nearing completion on the development of a long range transportation plan - Penn Plan. Required by Federal legislation, the plan will meld together all of the existing regional plans into a coordinated document which will aid in the development of future capital investment programs.
7. Why do Environmental Impact Statements and Environmental Assessments take so long?
NJDOT staff will review a paper developed to explain the Environmental clearance process, note what actions can cause delays and identify what everyone can do to improve performance.
8. Congestion Mitigation/Air Quality Competition Process in the Pennsylvania Subregion.
The RTC Subcommittee on CMAQ project selection has completed its work to design the upcoming competition process and to prepare a project application form. Both documents will be reviewed by staff and the schedule will be announced.
9. Transportation Enhancement (TE) Project Selection Process
Staff will review the status of the TE project selection process in both states. During August, discussions in Pennsylvania may result in a new approach to priority setting and project selection. In New Jersey the project applications are currently under review.
10. Inter-Municipal Police and Emergency Services
Staff will present draft report which describes how municipalities can increase their efficiency in providing services and reduce their costs through inter-municipal police and emergency services.
- Burlington County's Activities Report.
- FY2000 Job Access and Reverse Commute Grant Program.
- PennDOT Financial Guidance on FY 2001 TIP.
- FY2001 Work Program Development.
- State Transportation Commission Public Hearing, October 15, 1999, King of Prussia.
11. Old Business
12. New Business
1. Highlights of the July 6, 1999 RTC Meeting
2. Memo regarding Draft Resolution of Self-Certification
3. Letter to B. Beetle and MOU Materials on TIP
4. Why do Environmental Impact Statements and Environmental Assessments Take so Long?
5. Media Release - Over $30 Million 'Up for Grabs' in Pennsylvania Clean Air Competition
6. Calendar of Events for September 1999