Regional Technical Committee
A light lunch will be available
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
||Supportive Regional Highway Planning|
1. Report of June 1, 1999 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
During the course of the year it is necessary for the State Departments of Transportation and the transit operators to make changes to the TIP to reflect current program needs. This month five actions have been identified (see attachments):
- Amendment 9911 - Pottstown Transit Mall
- Modification 9912 - Montgomery County, increased funding for engineering on two projects: 1) the Cross County Trail (TIP #8700) and 2) the Chester Valley Trail (TIP #8701).
- Modification 9913 - City of Philadelphia, increased funding in FY00 for construction of Strawberry Mansion Bridge (TIP #9445) to allow for Advance Construction authorization in FY99.
- Amendment Package 9914 - PennDOT, changes to 25 projects to address project readiness and scope changes.
- Amendment 9915B - PA FY99 Transportation Enhancements Projects
4. FY2000 Airport Capital Improvement Program
The DVRPC ongoing planning contract with FAA requires that DVRPC staff, through the Regional Aviation Committee, develop an annual list of priority projects in advance of the beginning of each fiscal year. Staff, with input from airport operators, compiles records of funded projects, compares those to long term Regional Aviation Systems Plan (RASP) requirements, identifies deficiencies and recommends project priorities.
5. FY2000-2002 New Jersey Transportation Improvement Program
The draft New Jersey TIP has been in circulation for public review and comment. Staff will discuss findings for a possible recommendation to the Board.
6. Pennsylvania Turnpike: Projects Overview
Staff has been under contract with the Turnpike to provide traffic forecasts for the I-95 Interchange with the Turnpike and for various slip ramp proposals. An overview of this work will be presented.
7. Washington Township (Mercer County) Access Management Study
NJDOT will make a presentation on the Access Management Study they have been working on with Washington Township. In June the RTC recommended and the Board approved the inclusion of this study in the FY 99-01 Study & Development Program. The Board also took action to include the Route 33 Bypass project in the S&D Program as one of the emerging projects from the study. The RTC had also ask NJDOT to make a presentation to the RCC and Board during June and to the RTC in July.
8. The New Regionalism: Applying Community Building Principles Across the Delaware Valley
DVRPC staff will present a report that provides design guidelines and strategies for development and redevelopment in conformity with the Year 2020 Plan.
- Historical DVRPC Share of Transportation Spending in Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania CMAQ Committee status.
- Program Management for Non-Traditional Transportation Projects in Pennsylvania.
9. Old Business
10. New Business
1. Highlights of the June 1, 1999 RTC Meeting
2. TIP Amendment 9911 - Pottstown
3. TIP Modification 9912 - Montgomery County
4. TIP Modification 9913 - City of Philadelphia
5. TIP Amendment Package 9914 - PennDOT
6. TIP Amendment 9915B - PA FY99 TE Projects
7. Memo regarding State and Federal Capital Grants to RASP Airports
8. Preliminary Set of Public Comments - FY2000-2002 TIP for NJ
9. Calendar of Events for July, 1999