Regional Technical Committee
10:00 a.m. Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
10:00 a.m. Planning Coordinating Committee & Regional Transportation Committee Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
1. Call to Order - Chairman's Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director's Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of June 10, 2008
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Action
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain
within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. As
situations arise, the PCC/RTC is asked to consider changes.
a. PA07-100: I-95 Design Review Manager (MPMS #46959), Philadelphia - Cost
6. Fiscal Year 2009 Planning Work Program Amendment
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program
changes and additions are brought to the PCC/RTC to permit the timely undertaking
of technical activity.
a. Gloucester County Transportation Needs Study.
7. Transportation Investments to Support Economic Development
DVRPC has worked with area economic development and planning agencies to
identify a set of key transportation investments to facilitate economic growth in the
region. Staff will present the results of this effort and ask for endorsement of the set
of priority investments.
8. 2005 to 2035 Zonal Demographic and Employment Forecasts for Modeling
DVRPC has prepared forecasts of population, households, auto ownership, employed
residents, and employment by industrial sector in 5-year increments through the year
2035. These data are available at the county, municipal, and zonal level. Matt Gates
(DVRPC) will present the data sources, methodology, and resulting forecasts.
9. Route 202 Section 100: Land Use Implementation and Coordination
This study builds on recommendations included in the 2001 DVRPC Route 202
section 100 Land Use Strategies Study. It is consistent with PennDOT's planned
widening of the corridor through eight municipalities and covers such topics as multimunicipal
planning, access management, bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure, transit
oriented development, and historic preservation.
10. 2008 Pennsylvania Federal Safe Routes to School (FSRS) Program
The 2008 FSRS funding cycle is underway. The application competition began on
May 5, 2008 and the application deadline is August 1, 2008. A future RTC
Pennsylvania Transportation Subcommittee meeting will be utilized to evaluate and
rank projects within the Pennsylvania portion of the DVRPC region.
11. Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) Ground Access Analysis
This upcoming report presents results for improving current and future ground access
options to PHL. Passenger behavior and modal choice characteristics at PHL were
compared to other domestic and international hubs to identify high transit usage
service aspects. Recommendations, both short and long term, will be provided.
12. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
13. Old Business and New Business
14. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is September 9, 2008.
1. Meeting Minutes of the June 17, 2008 RCC
2. Highlights of the June 10, 2008 RTC Meeting
3. TIP Actions, July 2008
4. Gloucester County Transportation Needs Study
5. Transportation Investments to Support Economic Development