Regional Technical Committee
A light lunch will be available
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
||- FY 2001 Transportation Transit Support Program Structure|
||- SEPTA FY 2000 Capital Improvement Program|
1. Report of APRIL 6, 1999 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
During the fiscal year, state Departments of Transportation (DOTs), member governments or transit operators must modify and/or amend the TIP to reflect current schedules and needs. The amendments and modifications are as follows:
- TIP Amendment 9903: PA 100/PA 724 Interchange Improvement (old TIP# 6718). Add construction phase to FY99.
- TIP Amendment 9904: Girard Avenue over Schuylkill Expressway (old TIP# 0523A). Add construction phase to FY99.
- TIP Amendment 9905: I-676 ITS (old TIP# 0528). Add construction phase to FY99.
- TIP Modification 9906:
- US 202 Section 700 (TIP# 5354A)
- PA 309 Ft. Washington Interchange (TIP# 8599)
- Add funding in FY99 for design of ITS components
- TIP Modification 9907: Christopher Columbus Blvd. Reconstruction (TIP# 9285) Advance construction from FY00 to FY99
- TIP Amendment 9908: Job access and reverse commute competitive Grants (see enclosed memorandum).
4. Major Investment Study (MIS) - Route 41
Route 41 in Chester County has been the subject of concern and study for the last several years. Though the legislative requirement for an MIS, initially contained in Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA), will be combined with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process as directed in Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century (TEA-21), staff has been examining the need for such a study of the Route 41 Corridor. Staff will present recent findings and remaining issues in the Corridor.
5. US 202 (Section 300) Congestion Management System (CMS)
Staff will present US 202 (Section 300) CMS Report. Federal regulations require that a project which provides a significant increase in single occupant vehicle (SOV) capacity to undergo a CMS analysis to determine if widening is warranted and, if so, select a set of appropriate travel demand reduction and operational strategies to implement in conjunction with the SOV capacity-added project. The Needs Assessment is based upon the ability of a selected set of appropriate transportation control measures and other strategies to meet the increased traffic volume in future years without physically widening the road. The analysis determined that SOV widening is warranted. The commitments are a set of congestion management measures which have been selected to complement and extend the useful life of the SOV enhancements. Recommended action to the Board is anticipated.
6. New Jersey Transportation Management Association - Fiscal Year 2000 Work Programs
Staff will provide an overview and recommendations concerning the Cross County Connection and Greater Mercer TMA work programs. Recommended action to the Board is anticipated.
7. Status report
PennDOT's allocation of FY1999 State and Federal funds for Southeastern Pennsylvania
8. Ozone Action Kick-Off event of May 25, 1999.
9. Hatfield Area Traffic Study
Hatfield Borough and the surrounding townships in North Central Montgomery County have experienced significant commercial and residential growth. The growth is expected to continue into the future causing concern among local residents and businesses. Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) initiated a traffic study to determine the ability of the existing roadway system to satisfy projected traffic demands, and requested DVRPC to provide traffic forecasts. Staff will provide the study results using CORSIM.
10. Delaware Valley Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Grant Proposals
There have been developed several interesting grant proposals for the deployment of ITS at the regional level. Staff will review the various proposals and indicate status.
11. Old Business
12. New Business
1. Highlights of the April 6, 1999 RTC Meeting
2. Memo on Amendment of the Regional TIP to Include FY 1999 Job Access and Reverse Commute Projects and Funding
3. Calendar of Events for May, 1999