Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Planning Director’s Report
3. Highlights of the Meeting of September 11, 2012
4. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2013 TIP for PA and the FY2012 TIP for NJ.
- PA13-01: Substation Improvement Program (MPMS# 60651), SEPTA – Add a New Project to the TIP
- PA13-02: Transit and Regional Rail Station Program (MPMS# 77183), SEPTA – Add a New Project to the TIP
- PA13-04: Redistribution of Unobligated Earmark Balances, Various MPMS#’s, Various Counties in Pennsylvania
- NJ12-39: Redistribution of Unobligated Earmark Balances, Various DB#’s, Various Counties in New Jersey
- NJ12-38: River Road Improvements, Cramer Hill (DB# D0902), Camden County – Add Final Design Phase
5. DVRPC Competitive CMAQ Program (2011-2012) Recommended Projects
Staff will present the list of projects recommended to be funded through the 2011-2012 DVRPC Competitive Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Program (CMAQ). These projects must contribute to the attainment of the Clean Air Act standards by reducing emissions from mobile sources. CMAQ funding has been set aside by current Pennsylvania and New Jersey Transportation Improvement Programs (TIPs), which is $8,000,000 for Pennsylvania projects and $2,700,000 for New Jersey projects.
6. PCC/RTC Meeting Dates for Calendar Year 2013
A set of proposed meeting dates for the PCC/RTC for calendar year 2013 will be submitted to the committee for its consideration.
7. Accessing the Tidal Delaware: Pennsylvania
This presentation will give a brief overview of DVRPC’s recently completed report, Accessing the Tidal Delaware: Pennsylvania. The intent of this study is not to duplicate the endeavors of the numerous high-quality waterfront plans that have come before; rather, it seeks to raise awareness about the existing efforts in Philadelphia, Bucks, and Delaware counties. One of the most interesting findings of the report is that numerous access sites exist along the Delaware River; many simply need better signage, lighting, and minor physical improvements. Furthermore, a marketing campaign could generate more usage than the creation of new access sites.
8. Fiscal Year 2014 Supportive Regional Highway Planning Program (SRHPP) and Transit Support Program (TSP) Final Call for Special Studies
Each year funds are set aside in the SRHPP and TSP programs to fund special limited-duration studies. Staff will announce the final call for special study work programs, which are due at 4PM on October 26, 2012.
9. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
10. Old Business and New Business
11. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is November 13, 2012
- Highlights of the September 11, 2012 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, October 2012
- CMAQ Documents
- PCC/RTC Meeting Dates for CY2013