Regional Technical Committee
A light lunch will be available
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
||Regional Transportation Committee Meeting Begins
1. Report of September 12, 2000 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP):Action PA0103
Three on-road bicycle projects in Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties would be added to the TIP drawing down the line item set aside in TIP# 0565.
4. Development of the DVRPC FY 2002 Planning Work Program
Staff will review the various components of the Work Program including Transportation Support Program, Supportive Highway Planning and DVRPC staff program. Results of the November 6, 2000 RTC Subcommittee will be provided.
5. 2025 Transportation Plan
Staff will present current work on the long range plan, an update of the existing 2020 Plan. Included in this review will be discussion of the candidate projects that have been developed with operators and member governments over the last several months. This list was distributed last month and a status of the review will be presented.
6. Truck Trip Survey
Staff will discuss DVRPC's current survey of trucking operations in the Delaware Valley. The discussion will address the study purpose, methodology, and implementation schedule.
7. Status of New Rail, Rail Restoration and Rail Extension Projects
Throughout the year staff updates the project level information on various proposed transit projects. Information includes alternatives, capital cost, operating cost and ridership forecasts.
8. East Coast Greenway
The East Coast Greenway is envisioned by its promoters as a multi-use trail connecting cities, stretching from the Canadian border in Maine to Key West, Florida. The Greenway crosses the Delaware Valley region through Mercer, Bucks, Philadelphia and Delaware counties. Mr. Ken Edmonds, Mid-Atlantic Coordinator for the East Coast Greenway Alliance, will describe the vision for the trail, and discuss implementation efforts within the Delaware Valley.
- Schuylkill Valley Metro Draft Resolution
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Planning Directors Meeting
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation/New Jersey Department of Transportation Construction Program FY 2000
- R-5 Rail Study
9. Old Business
10. New Business
1. Highlights of the October 10, 2000 RTC Meeting
2. TIP Action PA0103 - On-Road Bicycle Mobility Improvements
3. Calendar of Events for November, 2000