Regional Technical Committee
A light lunch will be available
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
||RTC Meeting Begins
1. Report of June 6, 2000 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Election of Officers for Fiscal Year 2001
The nominating committee will report on recommendations for a Chair and Vice Chair.
4. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Amendments/Modifications
During the course of the year it is necessary for the State Departments of Transportation and the transit operators to make changes to the TIP to reflect current program needs.
- TIP Modification 0005 - NJDOT requests a package of modifications affecting the following projects: Route 9 Bridge (DB#077), Marlton Circle (DB#567), East Atlantic Avenue Bridge (DB#D9904), Fowler Lane (DB#93204), Ark Road and Marne Highway (DB#D9901), Cookstown-New Egypt Road Bridge (DB#D95097). See enclosed memorandum.
- TIP Modification 9946 - The Philadelphia Streets Department has requested the use of funds from the Bicycle Mobility Improvements project (TIP# 0565) to enable it to advance a new effort entitled "Bicycle Infrastructure Development." The City is requesting $400,000 over three years.
- TIP Amendment 9947 - Towamencin Township has received special funding for a multi-township traffic signal system. Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) will provide more information at the meeting
5. FY 2001-2004 Regional Transportation Improvement Program
The Draft FY 2001 TIP has been open to public comment for 30 days. The comments have been given to the appropriate counties and agencies for consideration and response (copy is enclosed). The PA and NJ Subcommittees will have met to formulate recommendations of changes for Board consideration, which will be given out at the RTC meeting.
6. New Jersey FY 2001 Study and Development Program (S&D)
S&D is the NJDOT process for defining the scope of a project (a.k.a., the preliminary engineering or NEPA process) which normally start as "Problem Statements" submitted by the counties, DOT staff or others. The S&D list is updated annually and must be approved by the MPO. The Draft program listing is enclosed.
7. Direction 2020 Comprehensive Land Use and Transportation Plan Amendment - Schuylkill Valley Metro
The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) Board has reached a decision on the locally preferred alternative to provide transit service between Philadelphia, Pottstown, and Reading. Generally, trains are scheduled to begin service in 2007 along the 62 mile route. In order for a plan amendment to be approved by the Board it is necessary to first conduct a public hearing. RTC should recommend the Board approve holding a public hearing.
8. FY 2001 Work Program Amendment - Regional Integrated Multi-modal Information Sharing (PRIMIS)
This project implements a PRIMIS concept to provide a framework for institutional coordination of ITS in the Delaware Valley. This framework provides the region's ITS stakeholders opportunities to share and disseminate information on travel conditions and coordinate the regional deployment of ITS systems in the region.
9. Regional Aviation Systems Plan Update to 2025
Staff will present a summary of recent airport demand trends, public policy issues, individual airport's status, and other factors requiring a plan update and impacting airport system development.
10. Pennsylvania Congestion Management System - Baltimore Pike/US Corridor
This report provides an examination of congestion at key intersections and arterial segments within the Baltimore Pike/US 1 corridor in Delaware County. It identifies recommended improvements strategies that are both practical and implementable which could be employed to alleviate current and future congestion.
11. Old Business
12. New Business
1. Highlights of the June 6, 2000 RTC Meeting
2. TIP Modification 0005 - Memorandum
3. TIP Modification 9946 - Letter
4. Compilation of Public Comments (previously distributed to some RTC members)
5. S&D Draft Program Listing
6. PRIMIS I Work Program
7. Regional Airport Systems Plan - Memoranda
8. Calendar of Events for July, 2000