Regional Technical Committee
10:00 a.m. Committee Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
10:00 a.m. Planning Coordinating Committee & Regional Transportation Committee Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
1:00 p.m. Regional Transit Advisory Committee
1. Call to Order - Chairman's Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director's Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of May 6, 2008
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. As situations arise, the PCC/RTC is asked to consider changes.
a. NJ08-07a: Jacksonville-Jobstown Road, Bridge over branch of the Assicunk Creek (MPMS #D0805), Burlington County - Graduate from Study & Development
b. NJ08-07b: Bispham Street Bridge over Rancocas Creek (MPMS #D0806), Burlington County - Graduate from Study & Development
c. PA07-100: I-95 Design Review Manager (MPMS #46959), Philadelphia - Expand Scope
6. Fiscal Year 2009 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the PCC/RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
a. Bicycle/Bus Conflict Area Study
b. US 202 Section 100 Traffic Study, Supplement No. 3
7. Destination 2030 Long-Range Plan Amendments
DVRPC is proposing two amendments to the set of transportation investments included in the Destination 2030 Long-Range Plan. The amendments are required to ensure consistency between the long-range plan and the Draft FY 2009-2012 TIP for New Jersey. The two proposed amendments are:
a. Addition of Route 70 (Route 38 to Marlton Circle) Operational Improvements and Widening
b. Addition of Route 322, Mullica Hill Bypass
8. Recommendation for Adoption of Conformity Determination of the FY 2009- 2012 TIPs for New Jersey and Pennsylvania and the Destination 2030 Long Range Plan
DVRPC has demonstrated Transportation Conformity for the FY 2009 TIP updates for New Jersey and Pennsylvania and amended Destination 2030 Long Range Plan. Staff will present the results of the Transportation Conformity Determination and request that the RTC recommend that the DVRPC board adopt the findings at the June 2008 Board meeting.
9. Adoption of the DVRPC Fiscal Year 2009-2012 TIP for New Jersey and Pennsylvania
Federal law and planning regulations require the development of a Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) in order for the metropolitan region to be eligible to receive federal transportation funds. The creation of TIP is to be done by the MPO in cooperation with the state and transit operators, and must provide opportunity for input and comment by the public. Following the 30-day public comment period, staff will present an overview of the Draft TIP, comments, and recommended changes for the DVRPC FY 2009 TIP for New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
10. Election of Fiscal Year 2009 Officers
The PCC/RTC nominating committee will present a slate of candidates for FY 2009.
11. Annual Self-Certification of the Regional Transportation Planning Process
Federal regulations require that the Metropolitan Planning Organization self-certify that the Regional Transportation Planning Process is carried out in conformance with applicable federal regulations. Staff will present its recommendation for Board adoption.
12. Access to the Region's Core (ARC): Moving Forward
It has been almost one-hundred years since the last rail tunnel was constructed under the Hudson River, and NJ TRANSIT and the PANY & NJ are currently completing the environmental work and the preliminary engineering for the ARC project. When completed, ARC will double rail capacity from 23 to 48 trains per hour, providing more than 125,000 new passenger trips daily. Alan M. Weinberg (NJTRANSIT) and Thomas Schulze (NJTRANSIT) will present a brief update on the progress of the ARC project.
13. 2005 to 2035 Zonal Demographic and Employment Forecasts for Modeling
DVRPC has prepared forecasts of population, households, auto ownership, employed residents, and employment by industrial sector in 5-year increments through the year 2035. These data are available at the county, municipal, and zonal level. Matt Gates (DVRPC) will present the data sources, methodology, and resulting forecasts.
14. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
15. Old Business and New Business
16. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is July 8, 2008.
1. Highlights of the May 11, 2008 RTC Meeting
2. Meeting Minutes of the May 14, 2008 RCC
3. TIP Actions, June 2008
4. Memorandum for Agenda Item #6
5. Draft Comments on the FY 2009-2012 TIP for NJ and PA
6. FY09 Work Program Amendment Project Descriptions
7. Proposed Amendments to the Destination 2030 Long Range Plan
8. Draft Conformity Findings
9. DVRPC Self-certification of the Transportation Planning Process