Regional Technical Committee
A light lunch will be available
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
||New Jersey Subcommittee Meeting|
||Pennsylvania Subcommittee Meeting|
Mobility Alternatives Program
1. Report of April 11, 2000 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
During the course of the year it is necessary for the State Departments of Transportation and the transit operators to make changes to the TIP to reflect current program needs.
- Amendment 9941 - Pennsylvania Transportation Enhancement (TE) Projects. In February the Board approved a list of high priority TE projects for the fiscal year. The State Transportation Commission is expected to take action in mid May on all TE projects throughout the State.
4. DVRPC FY 2001 Planning Work Program (PWP) Amendments
- Telecommuting - The Green Commute - This is the second year of a three year project conducted by the Clean Air Council to promote Telecommuting as a viable alternative to commuting to the traditional work place. Council staff will be available to answer questions.
- Share the Road Campaign--Phase I - To implement the education objectives of the Southeastern Pennsylvania Bicycle and Pedestrian Mobility Plan, the Southeastern Pennsylvania Bicycle Issues Task Force has come to recognize the need for a regional, coordinated public education campaign; "Share the Road Campaign." This program will be designed to increase the comfort, safety and convenience of the bicycle mode of travel.
5. Camden County Sign/Signal Management Project
- Camden County has developed a management system for all signs and signals on county roads. Curt Noe, Camden County's project manager, and their consultant GPI, will show how 23,000 signs and 200 signals were inventoried and how the system can be used.
6. Pennsylvania Turnpike - Status of Projects
- Walt Greene of the Southeast Region will present the status of a number of active projects in the region. These include slip ramps at various locations, widening of the turnpike between the Mid-County and Lansdale and the I-95 interchange.
7. DVRPC Managed Non-Traditional Projects - Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT)
- DVRPC Project Manager Jacob Malikkal will give a presentation on the services provided by DVRPC in guiding the implementation of these special projects, examples of which include bikeways, streetscapes, and historic transportation building renovation. A status report on all projects currently being handled by DVRPC will be distributed at the meeting.
8. Presentation - Southern New Jersey Light Rail Transit System (SNJLRTS) Village Design Study
- DVRPC is assisting Burlington County and four municipalities - Florence Township, Burlington City, Delanco and Riverside - with ways to foster Transit Oriented Development (TOD) in anticipation of the opening of the SNJLRTS in 2003. SNJLRTS will connect Trenton and Camden, with transfer options to New York or Philadelphia. TOD is important to these communities in that it is expected to spur much needed economic development, and it is important to the success of the rail line in that it can increase ridership.
9. Business Survey
- Staff will present the results of a survey of chief executives of workplaces with over 100 employees. The survey was conducted to understand the needs of the region's business in preparation for the Horizons 2025 Transportation Plan.
- Pennsylvania CMAQ Competition
- Public Meetings on the Plan and TIP
10. Old Business
11 New Business
1. Highlights of the April 11, 2000 RTC Meeting
2. Highlights of the April 11, 2000 RTC Pennsylvania Subcommittee Meeting
3. Highlights of the April 24, 2000 RTC Pennsylvania Subcommittee Meeting
4. TIP Amendment #9941 - Transportation Enhancement Projects
5. Telecommuting - The Green Commute (FY 2001) Work Program
6. Bicycle Travel - Share the Road Safety Campaign -- Phase I Work Program
7. Calendar of Events for May, 2000