Regional Technical Committee
A light lunch will be available
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
||New Jersey Subcommittee Meeting|
"Planning Beyond the Pipeline" - see enclosed agenda
1. Report of February 8, 2000 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
During the course of the year it is necessary for the State Departments of Transportation and the transit operators to make changes to the TIP to reflect current program needs.
- Amendment #0002- A request by Delaware River Port Authority (DRPA) to reallocate funding among several projects which provide for capital improvements for Port Authority Transit Corporation (PATCO).
- Amendment #0003 - A request by New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) to approve a series of adjustments as outlined in staff's memorandum dated February 22, 2000.
- Amendment to the TIP to establish consistency with the FY 2001 Work Program just approved by the Board.
4. Transportation Management Associations (TMA) in Pennsylvania - Work Programs for FY 2001
TMA work programs must be included in the DVRPC Work Program for FY 2001. Generic work programs for the five TMAs in Pennsylvania were developed by staff that accurately represent the kind of activities performed by each TMA.
5. Information Systems for Transportation Planning
This continuing project incorporates various transportation related data into a GIS-T, that includes data ranging from DVRPC's traffic counting program to various management systems data. This presentation will provide an overview of the data that resides in the system now and future plans to add to the database.
6. DVRPC Year 2025 Horizons Plan: Report #2 - Issues and Choices, Planning for the Region's Future
Staff will present the second Year 2025 Plan report which covers global and regional issues that influence the development of the Year 2025 Land Use and Transportation Plan, as well as two alternative scenarios - Continuation of Present Trends, and, Managed Growth and Development that could occur by the Year 2025, with or without planning.
7. USS New Jersey Battleship Memorial Update
8. Proposed Interchange Between Pennsylvania Turnpike and I-95
DVRPC has completed traffic volume forecasts for the proposed interchange between the Pennsylvania Turnpike and I-95, an important project in the Delaware Valley Region. This effort updated previously published work and includes some new assumptions - such as the inclusion of Electronic Toll Collection (E.T.C.). In addition, this work included data provided to the Pennsylvania Economy League for their work in determining the economic impact of the interchange.
9. Region-wide Transportation Geographic Information System (GIS)
DVRPC is currently initiating the Region-Wide Transportation GIS Project which is funded through the Transportation Improvement Program. This effort is designed to create a uniform transportation GIS file architecture for the region and to implement that design. DVRPC member governments will be funded to participate in the process. A Request For Proposal (RFP) is being developed to initiate that effort.
- Intelligent Transportation System
- Schuylkill Valley Metro
10. Old Business
11. New Business
1. Highlights of the February 8, 2000 RTC Meeting
2. TIP Amendment 0002
3. TIP Amendment 0003 - NJDOT Adjustment Package
4. PennDOT Transportation Management Association Assistance Grant Program 5. Calendar of Events for March, 2000