Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Planning Director’s Report
3. Highlights of the Meeting of July 10, 2012
4. Adoption of a New Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on Procedures to Amend or Modify the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for New Jersey
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) exists between DVRPC, NJDOT, and NJ TRANSIT to establish agreed upon procedures for modifying or amending the TIP, as required by federal regulations. From time to time this MOU requires changes to improve, clarify, or streamline the process. The RTC/PCC will be asked to recommend that the Board adopt a new MOU for the New Jersey TIP/STIP.
5. Adoption of 2040 Employment Forecasts
As a critical component of DVRPC’s long-range planning process, staff has worked with member county planning agencies to prepare county and municipal-level employment forecasts in five-year increments through 2040. Staff is seeking approval of the 2040 employment forecasts by the RTC before requesting adoption of these forecasts by the DVRPC Board at its meeting on September 27, 2012.
6. PennVEST Application Review
DVRPC and the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS) have jointly submitted five applications to PennVest to plant a total of 2,571 trees for stormwater management in the City of Chester and Collingdale Borough in Delaware County, Bristol Township and Sellersville Borough in Bucks County, and in South Coatesville Borough, Chester County. In addition, the Chester County Conservation District has submitted three applications to PennVest for agricultural best management practices to control stormwater runoff on mushroom and dairy farms. Staff will review these applications and how they are supported by county and regional plans.
7. New Jersey State Rail Plan
Over the last year, NJ TRANSIT and NJDOT have been working to prepare an FRA-compliant State Rail Plan. The plan seeks to align rail transportation planning and policies of NJ TRANSIT, NJDOT, New Jersey’s three Metropolitan Planning Organizations (NJTPA, DVRPC, and SJTPO), the port authorities (PANYNJ and DRPA), and the freight railroads. The State Rail Plan was introduced to each of the MPOs at meetings held in October 2011, and in March 2012, public outreach meetings were conducted with the support of the MPOs, in Newark, Trenton, and Vineland. As the State Rail Plan nears completion, the project team will present an
overview of the plan and its key findings.
8. NJDOT Transportation Enhancement (TE) Projects
NJDOT requested DVRPC’s participation in their TE project selection committee. In doing so, DVRPC assisted NJDOT in reviewing and scoring each of the TE applications that were submitted within the region. DVRPC staff will give an update on the process and will also provide an overall scoring for submitted applications.
9. Fiscal Year 2014 Work Program Development
Staff will present a schedule and information regarding plans for the development of the FY2014 Work Program.
10. Fiscal Year 2014 Supportive Regional Highway Planning Program (SRHPP) and Transit Support Program (TSP) Call for Special Studies
Each year funds are set aside in the SRHPP and TSP programs to fund special limited-duration studies. Staff will present the formal call for Special Study projects and announce the submission and approval schedules for Core and Special Study work programs.
11. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
12. Old Business and New Business
13. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is October 2, 2012
- Highlights of the July 11, 2012 RTC Meeting
- TIP Administrative Actions, September, 2012
- MOU Documents
- 2040 Employment Forecasts
- PennVEST Application Reviews
- FY14 Work Program Schedule
- SRHPP & TSP Work Program Submission Schedule
- Highlights of the July 26, 2012 Board Meeting