Regional Technical Committee
A light lunch will be available
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
||Regional Transportation Committee Meeting Begins
||Working Lunch - Status Reports on Telecommuting and City Avenue-Manayunk Circulator
||Pennsylvania Sub Committee
• Initial Discussions on TSP Development
• Initial Discussions on 2003 TIP Development
1. Report of October 9, 2001 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
During the course of the fiscal year, it becomes necessary for the State Department of Transportation's (DOT's) or transit operators to amend the TIP. The following are offered for RTC consideration in November:
- TIP Action PA 0151
PennDOT request to amend the FY2001 TIP for PA to add the I-95 Corridor Coalition ITS project with special FHWA grant funds totaling $135,000 in FY02.
- TIP Action NJ 0201
NJDOT request action on a Modification Package (#1) for the FY2002 TIP for NJ concerning three projects: Route 1 / CR 571 Penns Neck Area EIS (DB# 031); Route 130 / 30 Collingswood Circle (DB# 155B); Route 295 Rigid Pavement Burl/Cam Counties (DB# 99373).
4. New Jersey Problem Identification and Prioritization
The purpose of this on-going project is to identify the transportation needs of the four county New Jersey portion of the region, which are not yet being addressed in the New Jersey Project Development Process. As part of this effort, a list of "High Priority" problem areas is developed with the guidance of the New Jersey sub-committee of the RTC. This list of problem areas along with individual problem statement forms will be sent to New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) for consideration as part of their Study and Development Program.
5. Functional Classification Change - Burlington County
The Burlington County Planning Commission is requesting a change to the functional classification for Campus Drive (including the proposed extension from Sunset Road to Salem Road) from Urban Local to Urban Collector in Burlington Township, Burlington County, New Jersey.
6. NJDOT Capital Investment Strategy - Updates and Issues:
New Jersey DOT staff will present a focus on updated issues to bring together current FY 2002/2006 information to help development of the FY 2003/2007 document. Issue identification, Benchmarking, and Major Objectives will be discussed.
7. DVRPC Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Activities
Federal regulations require MPO's to adopt a strategy to integrate ITS into the planning process and to develop a Regional ITS Architecture which must be adhered to when using federal funds to deploy ITS projects in the region. DVRPC staff will discuss how they have complied with these regulations and present additional activities they have undertaken to promote institutional coordination of ITS in the Delaware Valley.
8. National Highway System Connectors to Freight Facilities in the Delaware Valley
A report is finished on the analysis of the physical and traffic operating condition of roadway connectors between The National Highway System, and 12 intermodal freight terminals in the Delaware Valley Region. Staff will present findings and conclusions.
9. Project Implementation for Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) 6-0 Project Status
Enclosed is a six page project status report prepared by staff. Brief descriptions will be provided. Also, two agencies have been invited to report on their progress on projects directly managed by DVRPC.
- Telecommuting: The Green Commute - Clean Air Council
To improve the Greater Philadelphia's region's air quality by reducing traffic congestion through the promotion of telecommuting.
- City Avenue-Manayunk Circulator - City Avenue Special Services District A shuttle bus that will operate along City Avenue corridor from 63rd Street to base of I-76 and across the Schuylkill River into Manayunk. The proposed schedule is seven days a week with extended evening hours on Friday and Saturday nights, with a service frequency of every 20 minutes.
- Transportation Enhancement
10. Old Business
11. New Business
1. Highlights of the October 9, 2001 RTC Meeting
2. TIP Action PA0151
3. TIP Action NJ0201
4. Memo Dated 10/31/01 Re: Proposed Changes to the PA Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
5. Memo Dated 10/24/01 Re: Proposed Addition to the Highway Functional Classification System
6. Project Implementation for PennDOT District 6-0 - Project Status - Quick View
7. Calendar of Events for November, 2001