Regional Technical Committee Agenda
A light lunch will be available
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
||Regional Transportation Committee Meeting Begins
||Tour of Ben Franklin Bridge Anchorage (Because of the nature of this tour, DRPA requests the tour head count be around 45 people.)
1. Report of Tuesday, September 4, 2001 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Amendments and Modifications
During the course of the fiscal year, it becomes necessary for the State Department of Transportation's (DOT's) or transit operators to amend the TIP. The following are offered for RTC consideration in October:
- Chester County request to add to the TIP $500,000 of Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) funds to cover two years of additional operation of the "Whirl" circulator bus service in the Exton area.
- Pennsylvania Turnpike request to add the preliminary engineering phase of the Turnpike widening from Valley Forge to Downingtown including slip ramps at two locations
4. FY 2003 Planning Work Program
The development of next year's planning work program is progressing on several fronts. RTC priority projects, as well as the Transit Support Program (TSP) and Supportive Highway Planning project development schedules will be discussed.
5. Ecommute in Southeast Pennsylvania
Staff will present background on and progress of ecommute. This pilot program involves promoting telework as a way to gain emissions credits. It is currently being tested in five regions across the country, including southeastern Pennsylvania. This work was begun in the spring of this year under a special contract with the National Environmental Policy institute.
6. Report on Environmental Justice (EJ) Entitled: And Justice for All
In furtherance of its on-going public involvement and information activities and in response to recent federal guidance, DVRPC has developed this environmental justice (EJ) assessment to mitigate potential direct and disparate impacts of its plans, programs and planning process on defined minority, handicapped and lower income populations in the Delaware Valley Region.
7. National Highway System Connectors to Freight Facilities in the Delaware Valley
A report is nearly finished on the analysis of the physical and traffic operating condition of roadway connectors between The National Highway System, and 12 intermodal freight terminals in the Delaware Valley Region. Staff will present findings and conclusions to date.
8. Southern New Jersey Light Rail Transportation System
The Southern New Jersey Rail Group working with New Jersey Transit has made significant progress in the construction of the Light Rail Line from Camden to Trenton. Staff will give an update of the line expected to open in 2003.
- Proposed Meeting Dates in the Year 2002
- PennDOT Guidance in the Twelve Year Program Development Process
- Proposed 2025 Plan Meeting Dates
9. Old Business
10. New Business
1. Directions to Delaware River Port Authority
2. Highlights of the September 4, 2001 RTC Meeting
3. Memo dated September 26 regarding FY 2001 Third Quarter TIP Obligation Status Report
4. Letter dated September 21, 2001 regarding "Whirl" CMAQ Project
5. Letter dated September 10, 2001 regarding Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission Amendment to 2001 TIP
6. FY 2003 Planning Work Program - Regional Transportation Committee Candidate Recommendations
7. FY 2003 Planning Work Program - Transportation Planning Division Recommendations
8. Pennsylvania's 2003 Transportation Program - Schedule, Program and Financial Guidance (PA Members Only)
9. Calendar of Events for October, 2001