Regional Technical Committee
Delaware River Port Authority
One Port Center
1. Report of Tuesday, July 9, 2001 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Amendments and Modifications
During the course of the fiscal year, it becomes necessary for the State Department of Transportation's (DOT's) or transit operators to amend the TIP. The following are offered for RTC consideration in September:
PA 0143 - PennDOT Adjustment Package - A request from PennDOT to amend and/or modify the TIP to reflect adjustments in cost, schedule, and scope of three existing TIP projects and to add one new project.
PA 0144 - Pottstown Urban Transit Bus Turn-around Facility - A request from the Borough of Pottstown to amend the TIP by adding a new project for the design and construction of a bus turnaround facility at the endpoints of one of their PUT routes.
PA 0145 - SEPTA Schuylkill Expressway Corridor ITS Project - A request by SEPTA to amend the TIP by adding a new project to equip an additional 24 buses with Automatic Vehicle Location devices for use on two Center City to King of Prussia bus routes.
PA 0146 - Montgomery County Schuylkill Expressway Corridor ITS Project - A request by Montgomery County to amend the TIP by adding a new project to continue work on a comprehensive Strategic ITS Deployment Plan.
TIP Action PA 0147 - PA 100 Road Relocation - A request by Chester County to add a $2.5 million construction phase to FY02 for the PA 100 Road Relocation Project (TIP #6907).
4. Draft DVRPC Public Participation Plan
DVRPC staff has reviewed DVRPC's Public Participation Policy (dated 1994) and is now releasing an updated policy which features an agency-wide philosophy, and new standards for citizen outreach. The draft will be reviewed by RTC and Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) and is scheduled to be acted upon by the Board at its September meeting.
5. Station Area Planning and Transit Oriented Development for the South Jersey Light Rail Line (SNJLRTS)
This study examines the benefits and barriers to transit oriented development (TOD) along New Jersey Transit's soon to be completed SNJLRTS line. Recommendations to encourage TOD will be presented, including updating zoning and master plan language, improving multimodal station access, and identifying redevelopment areas.
6. Development of the 2003 DVRPC Work Program
Each year DVRPC develops a Work Program of projects and initiatives to be undertaken. We are currently developing project ideas for FY 2003, to begin July 1, 2002. The Committee will review and recommend priority projects for the DVRPC Board.
7. Transportation Enhancement (TE) Project Status Reports
Staff assist PennDOT in the management of many TE projects, some of which are funded directly through DVRPC by PennDOT Central Office. Two projects will be presented in September as follows:
Manayunk Travel Awareness Campaign - Clear Air Council - An education effort consisting of interactive workshops, media, and special materials and publications designed to alter the travel behavior of residents and visitors to the Manayunk area.
Bicycle Education Enhancement Program (BEEP) - School District of Philadelphia - Installation of bicycle racks at each of the 139 middle and high schools in the Philadelphia School District (each holding 30 bicycles) and the concurrent distribution of helmets and locks; the development of integrated bicycle education programming, to become part of the existing health and physical education curricula; and the establishment of a program of mini-grants for after school bicycle clubs.
- New Jersey Congestion Buster Task Force
- Supplemental FTA funds for Transit Planning in Pennsylvania
8. Old Business
9. New Business Attachments
1. Highlights of the July 9, 2001 RTC Meeting
2. TIP Amendment PA 0143 - PennDOT Adjustment Package
3. TIP Amendment PA 0144 - Pottstown Urban Transit Bus Turn-around Facility
4. TIP Amendment PA 0145 - SEPTA
5. TIP Amendment PA 0146 - Montgomery County Schuylkill Expressway Corridor ITS Project
6. TIP Action PA 0147 - PA 100 Road Relocation
7. Letter to Larry King dated August 21, 2001
8. Calendar of Events for September, 2001