Regional Technical Committee
A light lunch will be available
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
||Regional Transportation Committee Meeting Begins
1. Report of Tuesday, May 8, 2001 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Nominating Committee Appointments
Elections for the RTC Chair and Vice-Chair will take place at the June meeting for the term July, 2001 to June, 2002. The current Chair has appointed a nominating committee to recommend candidates.
4. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Amendments
During the course of the fiscal year, it becomes necessary for the State Department of Transportation's (DOT's) or transit operators to amend the TIP.
- TIP Action PA 0133- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) - A request by PennDOT to add the FY 01 Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Section 5310 funding.
- TIP Action PA 0134 - Pottstown Urban Transit (PUT) - A request by PUT to add their Transit Mall and Park project.
- TIP Action PA 0136 - Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) - A request by SEPTA to add their 30th Street Station Intermodal Facility project.
- TIP Action NJ 0112 - A request by Delaware River Port Authority (DRPA) to add the Ferry Dock Expansion/Repairs project to the TIP at a cost of $300,000.
5. Delaware County Long Range Bus Service Study: A Visioning Exercise for 2020
Gannett Fleming was asked to develop ideas for the future of Public Transit in the County with an emphasis on Reverse Commuting, service to western Delaware County and intra-suburban travel. Their study is now complete and a report will be provided.
6. Year 2000 Digital Aerial Imagery
Staff will present a status report on this project including estimated availability dates and fee structures.
The TransitChek Policy Committee met recently to review the sales and program growth data from the last 12 months. Staff will provide a summary of this information.
8. Context Sensitive Design (CSD)
New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) staff will give a presentation on CSD which is a comprehensive and balanced approach to all transportation actions. Within the realm of social, material and physical features, Context Sensitive Design will:
- Fully evaluate the context of an area under consideration for a transportation action.
- Assess impacts to evaluate the effects of a transportation action on community.
- Exploit flexibility in engineering and policy principles.
- Collaborate in problem identification and problem solving.
- TMA Performance Measures; Pennsylvania Assistance Grant 2003
9. Old Business
10. New Business
1. Highlights of the May 8, 2001 RTC Meeting
2. TIP Actions PA 0133, 0134, 0136, NJ 0112
3. Memo dated May 31, 2001 Re: Pennsylvania TMA Assistance Grant Performance Measure for FY 2003
4. Calendar of Events for June, 2001