Regional Technical Committee Agenda
A light lunch will be available
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
||Regional Transportation Committee Meeting Begins
||New Jersey Subcommittee Meeting on Problem Identification and Recommendations for Study/Development
1. Report of Monday, April 9, 2001 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Nominating Committee Appointments
Elections for the RTC Chair and Vice-Chair will take place at the June meeting for the term July, 2001 to June, 2002. The current Chair will appoint a nominating committee to recommend candidates.
4. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Amendments
During the course of the fiscal year, it becomes necessary for the State Department of Transportation's (DOT's) or transit operators to amend the TIP.
- TIP Action PA 0127 - Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) Adjustment Package - A request by PennDOT to amend and/or modify the TIP to reflect adjustments in cost, schedule, and scope of four existing or former TIP projects.
- TIP Action PA 0128 - City of Philadelphia - A request by the City of Philadelphia to add the Greenland Drive Bridge Rehabilitation project to the TIP.
- TIP Action PA 0129 - Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) - A request by SEPTA to add unspent FY00 Section 5309 funds into year FY01 for the 30th Street to Suburban Station Catenary and Bridge Program (TIP #S054) and the Broad Street Subway Station Improvements (TIP #S070).
5. Federal Aid Functional Classification Change
In Phoenixville Borough, a new roadway is planned to connect with the planned Schuylkill Valley Metro, minimize congestion on the existing street network and provide access to proposed new developments. Staff has performed an analysis of the proposed roads functional class and will present findings.
6. 2025 Long Range Land Use and Transportation Plans
Public meetings to gather comments and concerns on the region's transportation network, land use and environmental issues were scheduled for April 4, 11 and 16, 2001. Staff will present comments received and summarize an April Board action adopting the plan in accordance with the update requirements defined in the Metropolitan Planning Regulations.
7. Context Sensitive Design
Daniel Outlaw of the New Jersey DOT staff will present a summary of Context Sensitive Design.
8. Regional Transit Database
Staff will describe this continually changing database which contains information on all of the major operator routes and schedules.
9. Old Business
10. New Business
1. Highlights of the April 9, 2001 RTC Meeting
2. TIP Actions PA 0127, PA 0128, PA 0129
3. Memorandum Dated April 26, 2001, Proposed Addition to the Highway Functional Classification System
4. Summary of Public Outreach Efforts and Public Comments for DVRPC's Year 2025 Preliminary Land Use and Transportation Plan
5. Calendar of Events for May, 2001