Regional Technical Committee
A light lunch will be available
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
Please Note: April's RTC Meeting will be held on a Monday.
||Regional Transportation Committee Meeting Begins
1. Report of Tuesday, March 6, 2001 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. New Jersey Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The New Jersey TIP is developed annually and a draft will be ready for public review in May and June. Board authorization to hold public meetings is an RTC recommendation that will be necessary.
4. TIP Action
TIP Action PA 0121 - A request by PennDOT for a series of adjustments to the TIP including cost and schedule changes to existing projects, and the addition of two new bridge rehabilitation projects.
5. 2025 Long Range Land Use and Transportation Plans
Public meetings to gather comments and concerns on the region's transportation network, land use and environmental issues are scheduled for April 4, 11 and 16, 2001. Staff will present comments received to date. Board action will be scheduled for May, thus the RTC will review all comments at its May meeting and formulate a recommendation to the Board.
6. Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission Long Range Planning
Tim Smith, Project Manager, will present the overall needs and direction of the Turnpike in Southeastern Pennsylvania and some of the current ongoing activities.
7. Year 2000 Aerial Photography
Staff will present the current status and schedule for completion of the aerial photography just recently flown for the region and surrounding counties.
8. 1998 and 1999 Vehicle Miles of Travel in the Delaware Valley Region
Estimates of VMT are important for monitoring changes in travel and for evaluating the effectiveness of transportation projects, programs, and policies. Of particular concern is the link between VMT and the air quality effects of pollutants emitted through automobile exhaust. While trip length, traffic flow characteristics, and automobile design also influence emissions, the more VMT growth there is in an area, the more effort is required to attain the air quality standards mandated by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- NJ FY 2003-2004 TIP Update
- Share the Road Bicycle Safety
9. Old Business
10. New Business
1. Highlights of the March 6, 2001 RTC Meeting
2. Memorandum dated March 30, 2001 regarding TIP Action PA 0121
3. List of Public Meetings for Year 2025 Plan for Land Use and Transportation
4. Calendar of Events for April, 2001