Regional Technical Committee
A light lunch will be available
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
||Regional Transportation Committee Meeting Begins
||Pennsylvania Subcommittee meeting on TMA funding for FY2002 including discussion of inclusion of potential new TMA in Center City.|
1. Report of November 14, 2000 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
- TIP action PA0108: PADOT is requesting four changes which require RTC action. The projects listed on staff's memorandum of December 21, 2000 were expected to be obligated last fiscal year but now must be added to the current TIP. Please review the memorandum.
- TIP action PA0109: Montgomery County is requesting that $3 million ($2.4 million federal and $600,000 local) be added to the TIP for P.E. work on Lafayette Avenue in Norristown. Please consult their letter (enclosed) for more details.
- TIP action PA0110: Southeastern Transportation Authority (SEPTA) request to change the funding source on various projects.
- TIP action PA0111: Delaware River Port Authority (DRPA) request to add Riverlink Transit System - Water Shuttle Component for $703,200 (80% federal). Special Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) funding has been approved.
4. FY2002 Planning Work Program
At their December 1 meeting the Board authorized distribution of the draft Work Program for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2001. You received a copy in a separate mailing with comments requested by the RTC meeting date. Approval action is anticipated for the Supportive Highway Planning, the Transit Support Program and the main work program.
5. 2025 Interim Regional Transportation Plan
Over the last six months much progress has been made on the long range transportation plan. This interim update is required by conformity rules of the Environmental Protection Agency which sate that a region's 20 year long range plan has a "shelf life" of three years and the deadline is April 1, 2001. Staff's enclosed memorandum dated December 21, 2000 includes a more detailed explanation and a schedule of action dates in January, February, and March.
6. NJDOT Capital Investment Strategy (CIS)
The New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT)/New Jersey Transit (NJT) CIS is a performance based decision-making tool used to develop investment options, provide strategic direction to the capital program and to guide project prioritization and selection decisions. NJDOT staff will explain the recent update and the key issues involved.
7. Reallocation of FY 2000 Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Job Access and Reverse Commute Competitive Grant Fund Project Selections in Southeastern Pennsylvania
As described in the attached letter and tables, SEPTA seeks Board endorsement to reallocate reduced FY 2000 FTA grant funding ($450,783 approved v. $966,987 requested) for the Board's previously prioritized SEPTA and subrecipient projects.
8. FY 2001 FTA Job Access and Reverse Commute Competitive Grant Program
DVRPC has initiated parallel competitive processes for PA and NJ to solicit Letters of Intent for proposed transportation services. DVRPC, with SEPTA, NJ TRANSIT and FTA staff, will host a briefing for prospective applicants on January 19, 2001 at 10:00 a.m., to review the application process and timetable.
9. Major Capital Investment Projects: Final Rule
FTA initially published draft regulations on Capital Investment Projects on April 7, 1999 implementing section 3009e (5) of TEA-21. Enclosed is an announcement of the publications as well as the actual rules. Copies of the "discussion" pages are available from DVRPC.
- New Jersey TIP development
- Federal Certification Review
10. Old Business
11. New Business
1. Highlights of the November 14, 2000 RTC Meeting
2. TIP Actions PA0108, PA0109, PA0110, PA0111
3. Tentative Schedule for Plan Development and Adoptions
4. Major Capital Investment Projects: Final Rule
5. First Quarter Reports for FY 2001
6. TMA Funding Breakdown by Category
7. Calendar of Events for January, 2001