Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Highlights of the Meeting of June 12, 2012
4. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2011 TIP for PA and the FY2012 TIP for NJ.
- NJ12-27: Route 9, over Jobs Creek Bridge (DB# 11368), Burlington County - Study and Development "Graduate"
- NJ12-28: Route 29, Cass Street to Calhoun Street, Drainage (DB# 07319B) Mercer County - Add New Breakout Project
- NJ12-29: Route 29, Drainage Improvements (DB# 07319), Mercer County - Project Deletion
5. Fiscal Year 2013 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the PCC/RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
- Supplemental Traffic Counting Equipment Purchase
6. Update of Transportation Safety Action Plan
The final draft 2012 update of the guide to reducing crash fatalities in the Delaware Valley will be presented for RTC discussion and potential recommendation to the Board. The same seven emphasis areas remained the contributing factors to 95% of crash fatalities. This update focuses more on specific, trackable actions that the Regional Safety Task Force and its members will undertake.
7. The Delaware Valley Freight Center Inventory: Taking Stock of a Vital Regional Asset
DVRPC staff will discuss a new report that identifies 44 distinct clusters of freight and economic activity in the Delaware Valley. The freight centers are made up of various combinations of land use and each is profiled in detail in the report. Prepared as an outgrowth of the County Freight Scan initiative, the Freight Center Inventory also provides recommendations for the preservation and enhancement of the centers.
8. Regional Trails Program Phase II Grant: Forge to Refuge Trail Corridor Study
This study, which will leverage $45,000 in DCNR funds, will investigate the feasibility of extending the existing Cobbs Creek Trail northward into Karakung Park in Haverford Township, and extending the Radnor Trail eastward to Villanova, thereby advancing critical pieces of the Circuit.
9. Overview of the DVRPC Report Ready to Roll?
Staff will provide a brief overview of Ready to Roll?, DVRPC's recent report on the challenges and opportunities for alternative fuel vehicles in the Delaware Valley.
10. Overview of the DVRPC Report Accessing the Tidal Delaware: Pennsylvania
This presentation will give a brief overview of DVRPC's recently completed report, Accessing the Tidal Delaware: Pennsylvania. The intent of this study is not to duplicate the endeavors of the numerous high-quality waterfront plans that have come before; rather, it seeks to raise awareness about the existing efforts in Philadelphia, Bucks, and Delaware counties. One of the most interesting findings of the report is that numerous access sites exist along the Delaware River; many simply need better signage, lighting, and minor physical improvements. Furthermore, a marketing campaign could generate more usage than the creation of new access sites.
11. Migrating from Hard Copy to Digital Meeting Documents
Staff will lead a discussion on the feasibility of the PCC/RTC discontinuing the practice of mailing meeting materials prior to each meeting and replacing that process with an all-digital method. The Board has successfully used an all-digital method, and it is expected that the PCC/RTC would follow that model.
12. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
13. Old Business and New Business
14. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is Tuesday, September 11, 2012.
- Highlights of the June 12, 2012 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions July 2012
- Work Program Amendment(s)