Regional Technical Committee
A light lunch will be available.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
||Regional Transportation Committee Meeting Begins
||Lunch - Intermodal Freight Transportation film from FHWA
|Immediately after lunch there will be a New Jersey Subcommittee meeting on Status of Projects in the TIP Pipeline.
1. Report October 8, 2002 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
During the course of the fiscal year, it becomes necessary for the State Departments of Transportation (DOT's) and/or transit operators to amend the TIP. There is one amendment for consideration.
- Route 202, (Section 300) Chester County. Add preliminary design to FY 03 and final design to FY 04.
4. Functional Classification Change
Montgomery County is requesting the addition of Lafayette Street as a urban minor arterial to the Federal Aide Highway System. Mr. Bagley's letter of October 12, 2002, enclosed, describes the request in greater detail.
5. New Jersey - Local Scoping Highway Program
The purpose of this program is to provide Federal highway funds directly to member governments for the advancement of local projects through Environmental Clearance and preliminary engineering. Developing a solution to a defined problem will then make the project eligible for inclusion in the TIP. There are two projects for your action.
- Florence-Columbus Road (CR656) - US 130 to I-295
- Park Avenue Bridge (CR 641) over the North Branch of Timber Creek
6. US 30 Corridor Study
Staff has completed a transportation study of the US 30 corridor in Camden County, New Jersey. This is the latest in a series of Year 2025 Planning Corridor reports that DVRPC has undertaken. A brief overview of the study and recommendations, including corridor-wide issues, will be presented.
7. Regional Transportation Program Competitions: Congestion Mitigation/Air Quality and Transportation Community Development Initiative
Staff will provide a briefing on the status of these competition programs. CMAQ projects were to be submitted by November 1, 2002 and are under review by a special committee. TCDI competition will be developing over the next several months.
8. Smart Commute Mortgage Program
Smart Commute Mortgage Program - DVRPC has worked with Fannie Mae, Citizen's Bank and The Reinvestment Fund to develop a new mortgage program that provides preferential mortgage terms at locations well served by transit. This program will encourage home ownership in the cities and older suburbs and increase transit ridership.
9. Old Business
10. New Business
1. Highlights of the October RTC Meeting
2. TIP Actions, November 2002
3. Mr. Bagley's letter of October 12, 2002
4. Memo regarding Candidate Projects for the Local Scoping Program
5. Memo regarding Work Program Supplemental Projects Update Request
6. Daily News Article Phila., adjacent counties may soon be facing tougher emission rules
7. Summary of Key Actions for Selection of New Projects
8. Calendar of Events for November 2002