Regional Technical Committee
A light lunch will be available.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
||Regional Transportation Committee Meeting Begins
1. Report of July 9, 2002 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
During the course of the fiscal year, it becomes necessary for the State Departments of Transportation (DOT's) and/or transit operators to amend the TIP. The following are offered for consideration:
- TIP Action PA01-77: TCDI (MPMS #64652) and DB #D0204
- TIP Action PA01-78: City Avenue - Manayunk Circulator
4. Fiscal Year 2004 Work Program
This month begins the annual cycle of developing a new work program for next fiscal year. The 2004 fiscal year begins July 1, 2003 and the enclosed schedule list various deadlines and benchmarks for the work program development process. Staff will also review the progress on the New Jersey Transit Support Program and Supportive Highway Planning contracts and new reporting requirements for FY 2003.
5. The Status of Various Public Transit Studies
On a quarterly basis over the last several years, staff has maintained and presented information on the many public transit studies underway. This month various staff from operating agencies will present the current status on their various studies. Examples include the Schuylkill Valley Metro, Cross County Metro, PATCO Study to Gloucester and Cumberland Counties, and others.
6. Glenside Station Area Parking Study
In October 2000, DVRPC prepared: Parking Demand Study ¿ Glenside and Jenkintown SEPTA Stations in response to requests from SEPTA and the Montgomery County Planning Commission. The analysis addressed existing parking supply deficiencies, and estimated year 2025 station parking demands frompassenger surveys for three alternate scenarios. The work complemented a Commercial District Enhancement Plan then in progress by Cheltenham Township.
7. US 322 Land Use Strategies Study
Staff will summarize the final report for a land use/transportation linkage study that was cooperatively developed with Delaware County and three townships in coordination with Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT's) on-going Environmental Impact Study (EIS) to widen US 322 from two lanes to four.
- Express bus on limited access facilities
8. Old Business
9. New Business
1. Highlights of the July 9, 2002 RTC Meeting
2. Memo dated August 23, 2002 regarding Fiscal Year 2004 Work Program
3. TIP Actions September 2002
4. Calendar of Events for September 2002