Regional Technical Committee
A light lunch will be available
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
||Regional Transportation Committee Meeting Begins
1. Report of May 7, 2002 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Election of Officers for FY 2003 beginning July 1, 2002
4. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
During the course of the fiscal year, it becomes necessary for the State Departments of Transportation (DOT's) and/or transit operators to amend the TIP. The following are offered for consideration:
- TIP Action PA 01-72
Cross County Trail - Montgomery County.
- TIP Action PA01-73
Chester Valley Trail - Montgomery County
- TIP Action NJ02-13
2002 Traffic Signal Improvements - Burlington County
- TIP Action NJ02-14
Traffic Signal Battery Backup - Gloucester County
5. DVRPC FY 2003 Transportation Improvement Program for NJ and PA
The DVRPC Draft FY 2003 TIP has been open for public comment since May 6th (the 30 day comment period will end June 5th). Comments have been received and will have been given to all of the counties and agencies for review and response prior to the RTC meeting. The PA and NJ subcommittees will have met prior to the RTC meeting to finalize these considerations. The RTC will make recommendations to the Board for adoption of a final list of projects.
6. Annual Self-Certification of the Regional Transportation Planning Process
Federal regulations require that Metropolitan Planning Organization self-certify that the Transportation Planning Process is carried out in conformity with other applicable federal regulations as outlined in the enclosed memorandum dated May 30, 2002.
7. Highway Functional Classification Change - Philadelphia
The City of Philadelphia request a change in the funcional classification of Hermit Street in Northwest Philadelphia between Ridge Avenue and Henry Avenue. This proposed Urban Collector is 0.21 miles in length.
8. DVRPC Revised Land Use and Transportation Plan
A public review period has concluded on an amendment of the Year 2025 Plan, including (1) additional of three new studies, (2) conversion of the status three projects to studies, (3) addition of four airport projects in Pennsylvania and the deletion of one, and (4) addition of a new section of the Plan on implementation techniques. The Board will consider adoption of the updated plan at its June meeting.
9. FY 2003 Work Program Amendment
A change in the work program beginning July 1, 2002 is necessary to add an additional phase of work for the Route 23, Henderson Road, Lafayette Avenue corridor effort and eliminate the second year phase of the Montgomery County Cross Roads project.
10. 2000 Urban Area Boundary and Census Information
The Census Bureau has released information to enable staff to plot the Year 2000 Urban Area Boundary surrounding Philadelphia, Camden, and Trenton. Staff will show the new boundary, the 1990 boundary and the 1990 revised boundary that eliminates certain mistakes previously unrecorded. Also, staff will discuss Census profile information availability from SF3 - the more complex data files developed from the long form sample survey.
- June 19 Public Meeting on PennDOT Statewide Corridor Plan
11. Old Business
12. New Business
1. Highlights of the May 7, 2002 RTC Meeting
2. TIP Actions June 2002
3. Draft Resolution of Self-Certification
4. Proposed Addition to the Highway Functional Classification System - City of Philadelphia
5. DVRPC FY 2003 Planning Work Program Amendment: Scope Change to Montgomery County Crossroads, Phase 2 of 2
6. Calendar of Events for June 2002